The thing about mp3s..

Originally posted by SyX-Fan
Try to think of the bands for once Heidi, if I don't know them, I can't support them by buying their albums after listening to some mp3's to see if I liked them, can I?

But that is a big difference from d/l entire albums and burning cd-r's from them.

You are starting to remind me of Timo Tolkki... (And no, that's not a compliment)

The first sign of a lack of argument is when someone starts with insults. :lol:

Originally posted by Hawk
But that is a big difference from d/l entire albums and burning cd-r's from them.

The first sign of a lack of argument is when someone starts with insults. :lol:

Yes, of course there is, and I'm no angel myself ;) But at since I am gonna by the stuff I listen to from SyX I don't really see the big deal with it.

But just because people don't have a lot of money, does it mean that they shouldn't have rights? Just because homeless people can't afford a place to live, it doesn't mean they don't deserve one, does it?

Yes, of course there is, and I'm no angel myself ;) But at since I am gonna by the stuff I listen to from SyX I don't really see the big deal with it.

But just because people don't have a lot of money, does it mean that they shouldn't have rights? Just because homeless people can't afford a place to live, it doesn't mean they don't deserve one, does it?

Nobody *deserves* anything unless they work and for or earn it. I just hate freeloaders dude!

There's No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

Wake up and smell the roses. Because there is *alway's* someone paying.

Are *you* going to give a house to the homeless? Well, if you don't then who must be forced at gun point to give up his house?

This is exactly the welfare state mentallity. All talk about "rights" but not one thought of how that which they claim to have a "right" to, must be payed for. Thos who hold the intellectual copyrights have the *rights* to their own work. They have worked for it. They have payed for it. You are *stealing it*. And you have no excuse. Your misfortune can not be a claim on the product or right of others.
A need is not a right.

You have no right to a job, a house or the results of someone elses work. If you want something, get a job, earn some money so you can pay for what you want. And stop whining!

A good education is usually required to get a good job, and that's my current situation. So I really don't have any time for work.

Hawk...one of the most intelligent and well-worded posts i've seen on here. Nicely done!

Also...I used to buy cds constantly w/o even listening; if i heard someone say that i should "check out this band" then i would go and buy the cd (usually used, but sometimes full priced/new). After doing this for a little while, i realized it was VERY stupid to buy any cd w/o doing a little research first.

The internet is the best way for this research. I heard of Symphony X through my friend first, but there are countless other bands whose cds i have bought based on sound/song samples. It's a bummer when i am checking out a band and they offer no audio samples or songs on their website. As someone said, there is no way i'm going to spend $17-20 at the cd store on a band whom i've never heard.

Originally posted by Hawk
BS. There are thousands of students working while at school. I have done it so do many other people.

Oh well, i guess you havent tried to get up at 6.20 in the morning only to get home again at around 4.30.. Add homework to that, and see how much time for a job you get.

Whatever, you don't see my situation anyway, just trying to explain. So you could try to see things from my point of view and stop generalizing.

Last post from me.. Unless I find a good reason to post another :)

Originally posted by Grom Hellscream
You know, guys...
My internet is fucking expensive and my connect is 33600
so I'd better by a disc than download an MP3.

So do I, I want their albums, real albums, not just mp3's. But untill I can afford them, I don't really see the big deal about downloading mp3's.

Originally posted by Grom Hellscream
Wow!
I'd say, that is a hard question to answer not in native language, but, maybe I's like to earn money , buy myself a bike and go to Tailand. :)

Cool :)
hehehe, the only place I want to go in the near future is to see a girl in Tampere, Finland where Symphony X is playing in march ;)

Try to think of the bands for once Heidi, if I don't know them, I can't support them by buying their albums after listening to some mp3's to see if I liked them, can I?

No, you can't. But how did you pre-listened bands before internet and this thing with MP3?

You are starting to remind me of Timo Tolkki... (And no, that's not a compliment)

So Tolkki is wrong and doing everything wrong because he hate people who stole his album and give it away before release date and for free???

But what if you die? I mean, you've downloaded every album of SyX and listened to them few years already. That means you've enjoyed their music etc. And then you die. What will SyX get from that?

It's not good to say "I will..." because you can't never know for sure.