The thread about Opeth on the General Discussion board.

Nov 23, 2002
Somebody wants to know why Opeth are rated so highly. So far, too many people are agreeing that they are nothing out of the ordinary, and overated. Some of you should explain to these people why Opeth are so amazing. :)

Fuck that shit, Fuck faggots that don't like them, or say they suck, cause people like them. Fuck that shit.

I don't care if a band gets popular, just if they get popular on THEIR music, which seems to be the mother fucking case.

Those fuckers should look at the packaging on the fucking Deliverance cd, yeah, it says "Metal's Most Brilliant Band" and thats the fucking BOTTEM LINE GOD DAMN IT! YEAH, FUCK THEM GOD DAMN IT, Alright, I better chill or I'll get excited.

Opeth getting too popular is kinda scary.

Not only will some people think its cool to hate it, we'll get an influx of stupid fans who don't really get it. Look how many retarded fanbases there are out there already. Ugh.

Ah well, as long as I still love the music...

Doesn't bother me, as long as they keep themselves off this board and their general negative bias away from here it's no skin off my back. If they can't appreciate Opeth, then fair enough, that's one less possible orgy-inducing band crossed off their playlist.

TrevJ-
"Opeth are getting popular enough that it's becoming "cool" to hate Opeth."

:lol: Ya know, you're probably right! It's stupid bullshit, but you may have something there.

Moonlapse-
"...as long as they keep themselves off this board and their general negative bias away from here..."

They will come. They always do. I see it as expected. They'll be trendy ones, pretenders and people that just don't know what it is, but will somehow benefit from finally getting to hear. It could mean a change of lifestyle for some. It could be inspiring. My b/f told me that last night. :) He said, "Opeth's music is inspiring." I nearly cried.

I think about people who've never heard underground metal. I've been there. It was mighty lame, let me tell ya! For years Opeth and all of it were silently hidden from me by what the general media offered.

The internet can do wondrous things. Shit too, but that kills my point.