The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Not "good" per se...ENJOYABLE at least. Well, technically they're good, just not really...well fuck it, yeah they're not bad. OK THEY'RE GOOD. Damn fuck off.

So I got Crimson Massacre's new album from a distro for 5 bucks and I was actually sort of underwhelmed. Still, 5 bucks is unbeatable. I liked it and everything, but it's a bit ADD-ish, and the vocals are sort of weak. I enjoyed the concept and production (especially the guitar production) very much, and DAMN when those dudes can actually pick one fucking riff to work on, those riffs are badass. But other than that, the constant riff changing makes the songs hard to tell apart (I didn't know whether to consider each fucking 100th riff change as another track and I remember frequently consulting my stereo's display to tell which song was currently playing). Yeah.

Also picked up Ancient Necropsy - Deformed King's Mummification, Neuro-Visceral Exhumation - Mass Murder Festival, Cenotaph - Pseudo Verminal Cadaverium and Insidious Decrepancy - Decadent Orgy Of Atrocious Suffering.

All of these are really good...Ancient Necropsy is speedy South American one man brutal deathgrind with a weirdly prevalent level of "epicosity", with CRAZY grandiose riffs/fun harmonics sometimes emerging from the downtuned tech-riff workout.

NVE's disc is a good slab of heavy as a MOTHER goregrind from where else but Brazil (fellow countrymen Lymphatic Phlegm are also fucking excellent, even better too, since NVE's newest offering is plagued by absolutely horrific production). The album features 18 tracks of non-stop (unless you count the horror/gore samples as stops; they're usually pretty tame here, which is a fucking grace) in-your-face downtuned sludgegore bludgeoning. Recommended.

Cenotaph's disc has set a record for "Most Thoroughly Enjoyable Turkish Band". But don't think this band is all Middle Eastern riffing and that kind of thing or what have you. This shit is GREAT technical (as in, can't-decide-what-fucking-time-signature-to-play-in-so-we'll-play-in-every-goddamned-one-currently-known-in-the-span-of-ONE-SONG), you guessed it...BRUTAL DEATHGRIND (notice a trend? I don't what the hell are you talking about! Never EVER is there enough of this shit, don't even THINK about saying that to me...EVER). Every song is...well...really enjoyable and substantially insane-bordering-on-absolutely psychotic. Highly recommended...oh and Cenotaph dudes? PUT. OUT. A. NEW. CD.

Insidious...Decrepancy? Who? Shawn Whitaker of Viral Load and every other Texas death metal band ever serves up a platter of 9 totally crazy tech. deathgrind tracks! MINDBLOWING...ly different! A change of pace? N...--YES. Imagine Necrophagist's first album recorded by a mid 30-year-old dude instead of a late teenager with an infatuation for sweep picking and classical composition...Shawn throws that shit out the window. Solos? Fuck 'em. Sure, there's MELODY but who gives a shit? This stuff's ferocious. I like the vocals too. And the riffs are fuckin' sharp! Oh and the drum programming is pretty fantastic. I really can't wait for the new album...to leak! Man "decrepancy" isn't even a word, but it's a damn cool made up one (looks to be a bastard of "decrepit" and "discrepancy"...yes I figured that out all by myself).

Alright I'm done...until next time (I have too much caffeine/opinions/free time)...

This is the first time I've ever actually disagreed with something I've read from you.

Have you HEARD their album 666? I don't know whether their other album is any good, I haven't heard it, but this album is pretty damn good assuming you enjoy the style of BM they play.

Edit: As a side note, I don't think Darkthrone are half as amazing as people say. I give them credit for inspiring many bands but they're not the be-all-end-all of black metal.

I know I set myself up for serious flaming with the last opinion so here's a more agreeable pick ;)

Thunderbolt/Kataxu split is one of the best splits evar

Katharsis is definitely listenable, I enjoy them. Not nearly as much as Darkthrone though.

I really liked Katharsis' 666 but I don't think it's as influential (duh...) or as quality as anything Darkthrone put out in their straight BM years.

Perdition's Light said:
This is the first time I've ever actually disagreed with something I've read from you.

Have you HEARD their album 666? I don't know whether their other album is any good, I haven't heard it, but this album is pretty damn good assuming you enjoy the style of BM they play.
I've only heard Krucifixxion. I used to visit the FMP boards and that was the most highly rated albums of the time. Nothing but praise for the "unique" vocal stylings and "insane" music. The vocals made Maniac from Mayhem sound like some sort of vocal god and the music made Darkthrone cry tears of regret for ever recording a note.

I don't like this band at all :(

lets see, um... britny spears....uh.... ashlee simpson... and... OH WAIT! they suck! ive been listening to children o' bodom and amon amarth latley but my favorite band is the misfits! every should own a misfits album.:headbang:

I've been listening to these albums lately...

Nihilist Spasm Band - What About Me
Thergothon - Streams from the Heavens
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenfris
Xasthur - The Funeral of Being
Current 93 - Thunder Perfect Mind
Sunn O))) - Black1
Levithan - The Tenth Sub-Level of Suicide

Let's see...

Summoning - all
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales as usual
Hellhammer - Apocalyptic Raids
Sauron - Thrash Assault
Darkthrone - Soulside Journey
Neptune Towers
Ildjarn - Son of the Northstar
Cirith Ungol - King of the Dead

Currently I'm enjoying Fudge covered Peanut Butter filled Pretzels in Vanilla Malt Ice Cream with Fudge and Peanut Butter. Fuckin' awesome....
Oh you mean music...

Been listening to Dissection's Storm of the Light's Bane alot and Immortal's Pure Holocaust. I need to pick up BLizzard Beasts, just for the sake of...well listening to it. Other than that, I'm liking Dead Can Dance alot.
Not to forget I've been listening to the whole of Primordial's catalogue. And it's great.