The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Really stop listening to Sonata Arctica, Tony's speech will alter your intelligence negativly.

God. I fucking hate V5, fucking got me hooked on that damned Marblebog - Forestheart.

right now im listening to

Illnath- Cast Into Fields of Evil Pleasure
Arcturus- The Sham Mirrors
Martyrium- Withering in Voluptuous Embrace
Mustan Kuun Lapset- Lucifer and Rosemarry

caco_daemon said:
At the moment im listening to Seven Tears Are Flowing To The River by Nargaroth, i love that song when im feeling shitty...i don't know why

That remided me that its been a long time since I've listened to that song. Pure fucking brilliance!!!

Catching up on some stuff.

Agalloch - Pale Folklore
In the Woods... - HEart of the Ages
Bethlehem - Dictius te Necare

The Bethlehem album is really what I needed right about now.

Definitely as good as Agalloch...very much in the similar vein

speaking of Agalloch...Ashes Against The Grain is being recorded and mixed and such

since this is the talk about music you like thread, i'm going to list off some non metal albums i love. these are just on my hard drive, i have too many non metal albums, that i love, to list. so here's a few. if you relate, feel free to make recommendations.

air - talkie walkie
arcade fire - funeral, the arcade fire ep
bauhaus - volume 1 & 2 (best of thingy)
beck - sea change, mellow gold, one foot in the grave
bjork - homogenic
bloc party - silent alarm
broken social scene - you forgot it in people
brian eno - another green world, music for airports
can - tago mago
the clientele - strange geometry
david bowie - 2 cd best of
explosions in the sky - the earth is not a cold dead place
gang of four - entertainment!
GY!BE - lift yr skinny fists like antennas to heaven, slow riot for new zero kanada
interpol - turn on the bright lights
joy division - unknown pleasures, closer
mogwai - rock action, young team
nick cave & the bad seeds - from her to eternity
pavement - slanted & enchanted, crooked rain crooked rain
portishead - s/t, dummy
radiohead - anything and everything (not so much pablo honey)
sisters of mercy - first and last and always, some girls wander by mistake, floodland
slint - spiderland
sonic youth - sister, evol, daydream nation, washing machine, murray street, sonic nurse
talking heads - more songs about buildings and food, fear of music, remain in light
television - marquee moon
the cure - seventeen seconds, faith, disintegration
smashing pumpkins - gish, siamese dream
the smiths - s/t, meat is murder, the queen is dead
the stooges - funhouse, raw power
tom waits - small change, rain dogs, swordfishtrombones, blood money
ween - pure guava, quebec, the mollusk
wilco - yankee hotel foxtrot
wire - pink flag
xiu xiu - a promise, fabulous muscles, la foret

Christie_fell said:
OH FUCK YAH. When's the release date

EDIT: Not better than Agalloch, btw.

(the official statement):
Agalloch have entered the studio to begin pre-production work for their 3rd full-length album entitled “Ashes Against The Grain” (out on The End Records). The recording process will begin Dec 10th and the band hopes to have the album finished by mid-January. As usual the band will be working with Ronn Chick, who has engineered and produced both of their previous albums. Commenting on the new material, guitarist/vocalist John Haughm: “It is huge, bleak, and more rock-based than previous albums. I am confident this will be our darkest and most sonically intense record yet.”

"PLAY THIS MOTHERFUCKER AS FUCKIN' LOUD AS YOUR FUCKIN' EARS AND FUCKIN' STEREO CAN FUCKIN' HANDLE. IT WILL FUCKIN' KNOCK YOUR FUCKIN' HEAD INTO THE FUCKIN' WALL. FUCK YEAH!!!!"

Saint Vitus - C.O.D.

I will take this moment to tell everyone to go and fucking listen to Unholy Matrimony. Amazing "brutal black metal."

Ex-cally-boo said:
I will take this moment to tell everyone to go and fucking listen to Unholy Matrimony. Amazing "brutal black metal."
Offtopic question... where did you get the gif in your signature? Im curious because i know the guy who made it,but it appears his screenname got taken out of the GIF

I will post the second one he did if I can find it...