The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I recently was giong through some of my older music and came across my acturus cd La Masquerade Infernale, and was thinking of getting another one of there cds. So my question is wich one should I buy? I havent heard any of the other ones.

unknown said:
Blood Box is good "dark" ambient. But like V5 said...doesn't beat Lustmord or Gruntsplatter (or Nothing or Nurse With Wound)

:0

Gruntsplatter is fucking awesome...what's your favorite by him? I think Chronicling The Famine is probably mine...

Anyone else going to see Chimaira next week? I'm going to the London show, should be amazing (the day after Opeth as well!) They'd just better play Lazarus.
The dates are as follows;
And the dates are:
Mon 28th Nov - Cardiff Coal Exchange
Tue 29th Nov - Exeter Lemon Grove
Thu 1st Dec - London Astoria
Fri 2nd Dec - Manchester Academy 2
Sat 3rd Dec - Glasgow QMU
Sun 4th Dec - Birmingham Academy 2
Mon 5th Dec - Sheffield Corporation
If you don't know them, a sampler is here in the forms of Nothing Remains;
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/shared/downloads/Chimaira/Chimaira-NothingRemains.mp3

Wow, V.V.V.V.V. finally changed your avatar, eh?

Been on a acoustic folk rampage lately. Lots of Ulver, Empyrium, Nest, October Falls, and some Graumahd.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
:0

Gruntsplatter is fucking awesome...what's your favorite by him? I think Chronicling The Famine is probably mine...

Probably Chronicling the Famine or The Organ Harvest. I have yet to get The Eulogist's Assembly. I love Scott Candey's work.

Guthrum said:
Wow, V.V.V.V.V. finally changed your avatar, eh?

Had some extra time yesterday, so figured why not...looks better when not smushed:

avvvvvatar2vy.jpg

:)

Oh and yeah unknown, all of Candey's stuff is great, I highly recommend Eulogists Assembly.

Iv been really into power metal recently bands like finntroll hammerfall dragonforce manowar helloween dream evil korpiklaani turisas and blind guardian

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Had some extra time yesterday, so figured why not...looks better when not smushed:

avvvvvatar2vy.jpg

:)

Oh and yeah unknown, all of Candey's stuff is great, I highly recommend Eulogists Assembly.
Terrible avatar, back to the Grimmrobe

Here's a band that hasn't been discussed before on these boards! (I know this because I USED THE GOD DAMN SEARCH FEATURE, novel fucking concept huh?)

EVOCATION (SWE)

Forgotten Swedish death metal. Could easily have become as well liked as their peers such as Dismember, Entombed, Unleashed, Grave and co. if they had just managed to go beyond the demo stage. Their demo stuff was re-released a few years ago, blah blah, I don't know if it's possible to get anymore, they've reformed and are writing new stuff. The music is reminiscient of early Dismember, Edge of Sanity, etc, but with an epic, mystical kind of twist to it. Some subtle keyboards and acoustic guitars around, almost like early Tiamat sometimes but more brutal.

Several people on these boards should enjoy this -- here's a song for your downloading pleasure:
"The Ancient Gate"

See kiddies, this is how you make a decent fucking post and put it in the right fucking thread.

Erik, this is a pretty awesome song. I'll keep an eye out for them.

Who was it that recommended Sun Caged? I checked out their album and it's fucking awesome! Thanks for the rec

2005-11-29 15:01:36

Legendary Japanese metallers SABBAT have issued the following update via their official website:

"Sabbat are in search of a new guitar player! After over 14 years with Sabbat Temis Osmond is leaving the band due to difficulties in combining the schedules of the band and his private life. Gezol (vocals/bass) and Zorugelion (drums) are determined to continue but for the time being Sabbat are not likely to play live shows until a new guitar player is found. Temis has still agreed to help the band with some studio work but a permanent solution for the line-up problem is being searched."

In other news, Painkiller Records has released the Brooklyn Backfire LP, recorded live in New York City on September 18, 2005. the LP is limited to 105 copies.

At the moment im listening to Seven Tears Are Flowing To The River by Nargaroth, i love that song when im feeling shitty...i don't know why

caco_daemon said:
At the moment im listening to Seven Tears Are Flowing To The River by Nargaroth, i love that song when im feeling shitty...i don't know why

I'm not generally keen on Nargaroth, but that song and Gebliebtefsaldjgnlaskgn des Regens are the exception. Especially the former.