The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Does anyone here use Audioscrobbler? The link to my page is in the Mythos link in my signature. If you don't have it, I think you all should get it.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Decadent: I love your avatar. Great album.

Dead as Dreams is a wonderful release that can singlehandedly prove anyone wrong who thinks that the US is shit for BM.

Everything DS Omega has released is gorgeous.
Strongly agreed on all points. Good stuff.

Wiped the dust off the ol' vinyl player this arvo and decided to give my brand new Arghoslent "Incorrigible Bigotry" vinyl a spin :). Sounds bloody great on vinyl.

Listened a bit to the new Woods of Ypres too... but it just doesnt grab me like Against the Seasons did.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Maybe it's just me, but Vio-Lence seem to be so overrated.
:err: It's Machine head's early work which is overrated, they were never that good even before they diluted their sound to get more attention. Vio-lence are just a great thrash band who hardly ever get mentioned outside of acouple of web boards.

The funny thing is, I agree that Burn My Eyes is overrated. I was definitely let-down when I got it. I thought it would've been the Holy Grail like it was made out to be, but it's only got a handful of truly awesome songs. That said, I still find them to be great. And I really enjoy the new album.

Vio-Lence just never stood out to me. And I would hardly call them underrated, if that's what you're alluding to, Joe. I actaully concede that it's purely a matter of taste here.

As far as thrash goes, I've got Overkill and Testament. I've yet to hear a Vio-Lence song to outslay those guys. And their vocalist sucks. Worse than Overkill's.

As much as I like Testament, which is a lot, Vio-Lence has quite a few songs that kick the shit out of Testament. Try "Calling In the Coroner," "Phobophobia," and the awesomeness that is "I Profit." They are the kings of Riff Madness...thrashing after thrashing after thrashing with all kinds of fucked up structures and time changes.

Machine Head fucking blows. EVERYTHING. Except "Davidian," which is a cool song.

On a side note, Heathen rules. Some of the best straightforward thrash ever, GREAT leads. Go to www.heathenmetal.com and DL their albums.

I'm still spinning the new Mastodon every few hours, it really isn't getting old. I've also been enjoying Bethlehem's 'Dictius te nacare', Keelhaul's 'Subject to change without notice', Coroner's 'No more colour', Skyforger's 'Kauja pie saules' and Mortuary Drape's 'Secret Sudaria'.

I think I will listen to Botch next.

Been listening to Behexen's "By The Blessing Of Satan", and it's really quite good. If raw black metal is your cup of tea, then check it out.

Have also been listening to a lot of Aeternus, especially their latest effort "A Darker Monument", and "And So The Night Became". Epic, marvellous stuff.

Absu's "Tara" and Autopsy's releases have also been getting several spins.

And, for some quick thrills, death metal like Inveracity, Incantation, Wasteform and Behemoth.