The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Décadent said:
As it turns out, Nightwish are far, far worse than I could ever have imagined.

with a singer like liv kristine or sharon den adel who only go operatic some of the time the band would be better imo. tarja gets to be a little much for me sometimes. the musics good most of the time though. they could come out of her leaving as a better band.

fat bastard said:
my goof. haven't heard it for a while but remembering now. just dont get the same vibe from the album that i get from the others. what do you think about from funerals to come? theres some cool stuff on there imo but i dont hear it talked about much.

It's round about this point where I usually butt into the conversation and start spamming Paradise Lost - Shades of God and tell everyone, yet again, that BMD is nothing other than a half-way decent homage to this amazing album.

No one will listen, though.

One day, my child, you will know that I was right all along. Then shall you weep...weep for your ignorance.

Or not, possibly.

thats fucked up! First I heard of it. Thanks for the link Carcassian, I forgot all about the Dave Holland experience!

Messing with children who know no better deserves some serious punishment. The childs life will never be the same again. One thing children should be guaranteed is a safe environment to grow and learn in.

I ordered the album the same day I saw the news post about the record label discontinuing the album. Since I'd rather get it now than have to buy it on eBay for three times the price after it has gone completely out of print.

I still think the decision to discontinue the album is rather stupid. Especially towards the other band members who had fuck all to do with the whole thing and the fans who might actually still want to hear it. Just seems like a rash and emotional decision to me.

CAIRATH said:
I ordered the album the same day I saw the news post about the record label discontinuing the album. Since I'd rather get it now than have to buy it on eBay for three times the price after it has gone completely out of print.

I still think the decision to discontinue the album is rather stupid. Especially towards the other band members who had fuck all to do with the whole thing and the fans who might actually still want to hear it. Just seems like a rash and emotional decision to me.

It was apparently a joint decision between the "label" and the rest of the band. I reckon they just want to "move on". The label, after all, is just a couple of working Joes, and probably don't want the hassle they'll no doubt get from Teh Intraweb users from now on.

Great label, actually. I also apologise for some of my earlier outbursts.

Erik said:
there's no need to be all confrontational

i'm just saying it's old hat because it is old hat

Wasn't meant seriously really, I've read the thread about it on the other board and I pissed myself laughing at at all the stuff on the first page before anyone actually knew what he'd done.

Carcassian said:
It was apparently a joint decision between the "label" and the rest of the band. I reckon they just want to "move on". The label, after all, is just a couple of working Joes, and probably don't want the hassle they'll no doubt get from Teh Intraweb users from now on.

Great label, actually. I also apologise for some of my earlier outbursts.

Ah. I stand corrected about the 'unfair to the other band members' part then. Still think it's a bad decision though. If all record labels started deleting albums by bands where one of the members turned out to be a total scumbag then we'd have a lot less great music available on CD.