The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

DarkBliss said:
I prefer Tristania when I'm in rhe mood for for it, but ToT are good too. I seldom listen to either, though.Arcturus' La Masquerade Infernale and Devil Doll'sThe Sacrilege of Fatal Arms are my favorite gothic rock/metal(I suppose they can be labeled as such) albums. They've aged better than I imagined.

I usually hate everything considered gothic, the real only exception is Paradise Lost

I heard Paradise Lost became influenced by sisters of mercy. I have been meaning to check them out. I'm not fully sure what too expect.

DarkBliss said:
Yep. I see you like them too. I'vwe been on a non-metal kick lately and on the lookout for more artists in this vein If you've got suggestions for similar stuff, then I'd be happy to hear them
Here are some other ambient artists on the same label (Cold Meat Industry) that I like: (however, these don't have the tribal influences that Sephiroth has)

Desiderii Marginis
Atrium Carceri
Raison D'être
Beyond Sensory Experience

Here are some industrial artists on there that I like:

Mental Destruction
In Slaughter Natives
Parca Pace
Sanctum

Those are all the artists I've listened to so far from CMI, so I would say, based on that, and reviews for other cds they carry that I've read, that they seem to be a real quality label.

I would refer you to the ambient thread in the non-metal section that was started a while back, but unfortunately it's no longer there.:cry:

So, Dornenreich's new album has apparently leaked. Did anyone listen to it yet? If not, then you're definately in for a treat. It has the hypnotic qualities and the tempo of Hexenwind, but the acoustic elements are more similar to those of Bitter ist's dem Tod zu dienen and Her von welken Nächten. I probably wouldn't call this metal, but there are more BM vocals and distorted guitars present than in Hexenwind. Overall, the album is just better and more diverse than Hexenwind. It also has one of the saddest and most fitting closing tracks I've heard. As always when it comes to Dornenreich, this album has an atmosphere out of the ordinary.

This album is too good to wait 'til november for. Go download and listen to it right now if you have any interest in, ehm, whatever this is. So far one of the very best albums of 2006.

Feel free to discuss anything Dornenreich related in this thread, or to close/move it if it is misplaced.

Zhou Tai 04 said:
Here are some other ambient artists on the same label (Cold Meat Industry) that I like: (however, these don't have the tribal influences that Sephiroth has)

Desiderii Marginis
Atrium Carceri
Raison D'être
Beyond Sensory Experience

Those are all the artists I've listened to so far from CMI, so I would say, based on that, and reviews for other cds they carry that I've read, that they seem to be a real quality label
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll PM you about them, so we don't derail this thread

DarkBliss said:
Yep. I see you like them too. I'vwe been on a non-metal kick lately and on the lookout for more artists in this vein If you've got suggestions for similar stuff, then I'd be happy to hear them

Aghiatrias - Epidaemia Vanitatis and Regions Of Limen

DarkBliis said:
so we don't derail this thread

What? This thread needs MORE ambient/industrial discussion if anything!!

cookiecutter said:
What do the grinders in the house think of Bestial Devastation?

the Sepultura album?

I'm one of the few grindheads in this forum, so I guess you're asking me....if its a band I've never of them before.