The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Life Sucks said:
For some reason black metal and grind don't seem like they go together, one being punkish, and the other being the most right wing metal genre. But on the other hand, grind and raw black metal have something in common in the generally sloppy riffing style.

thats why I can never play in a death metal or symphonic black metal band....my guitar playing sucks.

Jrgen in his own thread said:
So, Dornenreich's new album has apparently leaked. Did anyone listen to it yet? If not, then you're definately in for a treat. It has the hypnotic qualities and the tempo of Hexenwind, but the acoustic elements are more similar to those of Bitter ist's dem Tod zu dienen and Her von welken Nächten. I probably wouldn't call this metal, but there are more BM vocals and distorted guitars present than in Hexenwind. Overall, the album is just better and more diverse than Hexenwind. It also has one of the saddest and most fitting closing tracks I've heard. As always when it comes to Dornenreich, this album has an atmosphere out of the ordinary.

This album is too good to wait 'til november for. Go download and listen to it right now if you have any interest in, ehm, whatever this is. So far one of the very best albums of 2006.

Feel free to address this post here, interested parties...

Ah well.

I didn't bother checking Myspace for 'em for some reason.

Uh...I really like the new Celesty (even though my copy is missing 2-3 tracks)...

Limbonic Art is very good; all of their stuff is worthy of praise.

Unexpect are wacky, off-the-wall, progressive stuff. I don't know if I like 'em or not...kind of too bizarre and pointless for me.

I recommend you check out the first two ...and Oceans albums; they're symphonic black.

All are amazing bands.

Limbonic Art is fantastic, In Abhorrence Dementia is 9/10 material.
uneXpect is amazing all around. Utopia, wE_invaders, and In A Flesh Aquarium are awesome as fuck.
Sirius is great, just not as much.