The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

So, Belenos totally rules. I'm currently in love with Spicilege. Most amazing black metal album to ever be released.

Necuratul said:
graveland2006big.jpg

http://vinlandwinds.com/graveland/grav_2006LPsong4frag.mp3

Yeah it's too comic booky for me, plus the background and the foreground don't really tie together very well, even though I know they're going for that atmospheric perspective, the mountain in the foreground should have had more linework to make itlook similar to the figures standing on it.

The mountain/cloud looks like it was painted in oils while the figures in ink and watercolor. It's a bit distracting for me.

edit: Don't get me wrong.. I'm glad it's hand drawn and the idea is cool, just doesn't fit together as nicely as it could.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Yeah, what can I help you with??

this should go into the recommendations thread...but do you know of any drone/doom (not ambient drone, but doom metal with drone elements) besides Khanate, Sunn 0))) and Boris?

I actually like the contrast between the vividness of the figures and the distorted background. Of course, yes, the comic book quality is indeed unusual, especially for a band like Graveland.

They're all flying or being carried through the air in some way, being that none of them are the ground, which should have been understood as what I meant.

Malignance said:
Can't wait for this new Graveland album.

And Following the Voice of Blood is easily among the top three Graveland albums (The others being Thousand Swords and Immortal Pride)

I think Carpathian Wolves should be somewhere in Graveland's top3, it's awesome.