The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Yeah Insidious is on the whole much better, but this is recent stuff, and I heard Insidious a while ago, I've just been relistening a bit lately.

Anyone disillusioned with shittyyyyy metalcore, plase go here:

Faust Again @ Last.fm and listen to the 3 tracks available.

np: Rudra - "Brahmavidya: Primordial I" - Veil of Maya [03:58/04:28]

Rudra is fantastic, saw they were on HC, checked em out. Good shit.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Actually you can go ahead and start them, but I'll just delete the posts...I don't really mind if you guys have fun trashing each other. I just get sick of the extended name calling flaming shit that happens here sometimes and I'm just trying to keep an eye out for it.

Yeah, I'm done with the whole trolling thing. Actually, I'd much rather discuss metal and not be a dick about it + I don't want to get banned.

Cythraul do you use Last.fm?

Yes, I do. Who wants to know?

This time of year, when the nights start to grow longer, I always have a tendence to listen to darker more gothic styled metal. I always find myself listening to these albums and I highly recommend them:

Farmer Boys - The Other Side
Sirenia - An Elexier for Existence
Sirenia - At Sixes and Sevens
After Forever - Invisible Circles

The Bringer said:
This time of year, when the nights start to grow longer, I always have a tendence to listen to darker more gothic styled metal. I always find myself listening to these albums and I highly recommend them:

Farmer Boys - The Other Side
Sirenia - An Elexier for Existence
Sirenia - At Sixes and Sevens
After Forever - Invisible Circles

What a nice list my friend.

I would add Theatre Of Tragedy - S/T

Xasthur is alright. They're a little inconsistent as far as quality goes. I prefer Leviathan if I want to listen to "suicidal" black metal.

Hey Dodens...since I know you're a big Countess fan, I found this review of the latest cd on Lords of Metal:

"'Holocaust Of The God Believers' is a disastrous piece of malpractice and an insult to the black metal genre. Badly produced, badly executed and badly written. The very simplistic and true rock-based black metal really only laughable. However, I'm not laughing."

have you heard it? thoughts?

MetalNoob said:
How about a little talk on some Suicidal Black metal, anybody else into Xasthur?
I really enjoy some of Xasthur's stuff. I found the new one to be rather disappointing, though. Telepathic With the Deceased is my favorite album. I think the best material is on the Nortt and Leviathan splits. The production is just so much better there. It's too bad that the production took a step backward on SG.

That being said, I much prefer Leviathan. Much more variety than Xasthur, and more consistently good as well.

I also enjoyed Twilight (US) - s/t a lot. It's nice to know there's another on the way.

MasterOLightning said:
I really enjoy some of Xasthur's stuff. I found the new one to be rather disappointing, though. Telepathic With the Deceased is my favorite album. I think the best material is on the Nortt and Leviathan splits. The production is just so much better there. It's too bad that the production took a step backward on SG.

That being said, I much prefer Leviathan. Much more variety than Xasthur, and more consistently good as well.

I also enjoyed Twilight (US) - s/t a lot. It's nice to know there's another on the way.

Xasthur's low produced monotonous sound is what does it for me.

That would be tolerable if there was more than a miniscule evolution in songwriting from album to album. Same drum beats, same fills, same song structures. SG finally has some integration of the interlude songs with the regular songs.

Listen to Wrest play drums on the Instrumental track on Xasthur/Leviathan. It improves the song significantly. Getting someone as good as Wrest on drums would be a huge upgrade on future albums.

Eh, I suppose it's hard to fault Malefic for releasing so many albums in a short period of time if he had recorded them and there's a demand (from people like myself) to hear them.

MetalNoob said:
Easly the coolest costume ever.

Gravelad photos always make me chuckle. Nothing however is as funny as this album cover. I laughed out loud when I saw it.

nortroll-Graveland.jpg