Desultory - Into Eternity
Fester - Winter of Sin
Insanity - Death After Death
Phlebotomized - Immense, Intense, Suspense
Purtenance - Member of Immortal Damnation
Unanimated - In the Forest of the Dreaming Dead

I need to check out these.

Doomwatcher said:
Yeah, i've pretty much have heard these releases already.

It's not the first time you've recommended Aeternus but i will check those albums in due time.

How does The Gloomy Reflections of Our Hidden Sorrow compare with it's successor?

Ah, sorry, I don't often click this thread.

It's very different but just as worthy - I'd expect you to like it. While "Riding..." was very much in the same mould as "The Red in the Sky is Ours", this one is very very murky with plenty of doomy passages, and also quite a lot of blasting (not tasteless though). When most people ask for 'atmospheric' death metal, I think they're probably asking for albums of this ilk.

Those two Aeternus albums are fantastic, I'd put them very near the top of your must-buy list if I were you.

Guardian of Darkness said:
It's very different but just as worthy - I'd expect you to like it. While "Riding..." was very much in the same mould as "The Red in the Sky is Ours", this one is very very murky with plenty of doomy passages, and also quite a lot of blasting (not tasteless though). When most people ask for 'atmospheric' death metal, I think they're probably asking for albums of this ilk.

I recently downloaded this and it’s pretty good. It’s certainly is different to the latter effort with focusing on the style of the early Swedish death metal (such as Entombed or Grave) with hints of melody.

Stickying this for the time-being, to see how it goes. Might stop a lot of the redundancy, i.e. something like 5 recommendation threads turning up within 2 or 3 days.

Aberrant Vascular's demo is excellent. Free from their website. I can't wait until they release an album, whenever that will be. Closest thing I've found to Arcturus except for....Arcturus.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a first Candlemass album? I've heard 2 songs, one each from Chapter VI and Epicus... and they both fuckin own. Is anyone here a big fan?

I was listening to Megadeth's Peace Sells But Who's Buying album a few days ago and it reminded me of how good the band was. I also recently acquired Darkthrone's Soulside Journey and At The Gates' The Red in The Sky is Ours and they're pretty good albums. Any recommendations like these? I'm aware they are different.

Also if anyone has any metal recommendations that successfully combines metal with jazz it'd be much welcome. I know of Cynic and Atheist already.

I want more atmospheric death like Demilich, Nocturnus, Miasma, Molested, and those that Somberlain suggested. I'm very interested in the old school underground death and black scenes thanks to this fucking thread.

Also if anyone has any metal recommendations that successfully combines metal with jazz it'd be much welcome. I know of Cynic and Atheist already.[/QUOTE said:
Both Gordian Knot and Aghora (I've not heard any Aghora) have Reinert and Malone from Cynic in them, and Gordian Knot do have what you're talking about, from what I've heard so far.

I've got Emergent by Gordion Knot and the self-titled Aghora album. I like Emergent alot, but the Aghora album lacks something and it seems to get softer towards the later parts of the CD not that I mind. I'm looking for something that attempts to combine clean jazz interludes with pretty brutal riffs and if someone mentions Ephel Duath I'm ganna punch them in the face. Ephel Duath is pretty novelty music...

I'm listening to Nokturnal Mortum's NeChrist album and was wondering if their later albums were any good because the only other NM album I own is Lunar Poetry.

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
I'm looking for something that attempts to combine clean jazz interludes with pretty brutal riffs and if someone mentions Ephel Duath I'm ganna punch them in the face. Ephel Duath is pretty novelty music...QUOTE]

Maybe some Farmakon?

It's 3:40am, and I just finished listening to Jerusalem on full volume. My brains are fried now.....I'd like some more stoner doom in the vein of:

Electric Wizard
Sleep
dot(.)

Don't recommend Warhorse or 5ive please, I've heard those. And no drone doom...I'm just looking for stoner doom right now.