The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

i'd advise listen to fennesz "venice"....that album is more melodic than some of his other stuff that i cant really get into

hey vvvvv do you know russell haswell and florian hecker? they did a live collaboration supporting sunn when isaw them on friday and it fucking SUCKED ASS but i've seen a lot of praise for some of haswell's work.

the other support band, burning star core, were really good!

Russell did a collaboration with Merzbow called Satanstornade and from what I heard of it, it was really fucking shitty. Though, in general, Merzbow collabs are ass anyway. A great example of one that is the opposite of ass (whatever that may be to you) is John Wiese/Merzbow - Multiplication, which fucking rules.

I dunno who Florian Hecker is.

Burning Star Core are OK but I kind of am biased against free-psych jam shit because it's usually horrifyingly bad.

listening to OOIOO "Feather Float" right now and its pretty cool.....all-girl sideproject of Boredoms' drummer...kinda reminds me of krautrock in its unrelenting rhythmic nature but has cute girl vocal harmonies over the top

Also, the new Anaal Nathrakh is fucking awesome. It's got some amazing melodic diversions and actual substance...and the clean vocals I liked from the previous album make an appearance.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Also, the new Anaal Nathrakh is fucking awesome. It's got some amazing melodic diversions and actual substance...and the clean vocals I liked from the previous album make an appearance.

I'll be picking that up soon. I hope it's an improvement to "Domine..", which was great but not varied enough.

Spectacular Views said:
hey vvvvv do you know russell haswell and florian hecker? they did a live collaboration supporting sunn when isaw them on friday and it fucking SUCKED ASS

Yeah, I was at that. The shit they were coming out with coupled with ingenius use of strobe-lighting made me want to give up on life.

vulpecula - fons immortalis is an overlooked classic of atmospheric black/death metal...and unlike some people i dont use the word "classic" very often but this is some pretty original shit way back from from 1997!

Spectacular Views said:
vulpecula - fons immortalis is an overlooked classic of atmospheric black/death metal...and unlike some people i dont use the word "classic" very often but this is some pretty original shit way back from from 1997!

I've heard In Dusk Apparition and thoroughly enjoyed it...I'll have to check out Fons Immortalis