The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Put on Ayreon's The Final Experiment for the first time in months, and it made me remember why I got into prog metal(my favorite genre), and why Arjen Lucassen is STILL the epicenter of my musical universe.

I think I'll give Into the Electric Castle another listen one of these days.

Been trying to get into Nile recently so I've been listening to Black seeds of vengeance quite a bit, seems pretty good so far.

Anybody heard of Insision? I've been listening to Revealed and worshipped alot, theres a few sub-par tracks but the good ones are really, really good \m/

Djm said:
Put on Ayreon's The Final Experiment for the first time in months, and it made me remember why I got into prog metal(my favorite genre), and why Arjen Lucassen is STILL the epicenter of my musical universe.

I think I'll give Into the Electric Castle another listen one of these days.

I haven't heard The Final Experiment yet, but I have heard Into The Electric Castle and The Human Equation (which is probably my favorite of this year...cliche I know, but whatever). Yeah Arjen owns. If only Star One wasn't textbook prog.

sikth said:
Anybody heard of Insision? I've been listening to Revealed and worshipped alot, theres a few sub-par tracks but the good ones are really, really good \m/

Indeed, Revealed And Worshipped is pretty good. Brutal as hell.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Indeed, Revealed And Worshipped is pretty good. Brutal as hell.

It sure is! I just wish the vocalist would mix it up a little more instead of just burping down the mic all the time.

I just got my hands on Colossal Titan Strife by Kronos, what an awesome album! Incredible riffage in abundance.

For the last 72 hours, I've been listening almost solely to the new The Haunted album over and over again. This is just amazing. Might even be my album of 2004. Of course I only have it as mp3 yet, as the album is not released before monday, but I ordered this immediately after few listens.

Cataract has a new album coming out its fucking awesome. Go to metalblade.com and check it out. They have a free mp3 download of one of there new songs its bad ass.

sikth said:
you need to get Beneath the Folds of Flesh......it's better

listening to the new Omnium Gatherum and The Chasm....both are pretty excellent

I just checked out Kekal's new single and I'm pleasantly surprised. Something that I will check out in the future would be the albums.

Other than that I've been listening to Gorguts and Immolation alot. I can't get around to how bloody bizzare the riffs are in Obscura!

Spirit In Black said:

listening to the new Omnium Gatherum and The Chasm....both are pretty excellent

The new Gatherum is indeed pretty cool. I had doubts, but it's not bad.

Spirit In Black said:

I'll be sure to check it out, cheers.

Listened to Elvenefris by Lykathea Aflame alot yesterday, I can tell its a pretty special album but I need to give it a few more spins I think, there are some amazing riffs on it.

Today I've been listening to Pod Vladou Bice by !T.O.O.H.!, its freakin crazy death metal! Completely bizaare and all over the shop, plus the vocals are ace, they remind me of one of the vocalists from sikth :)

futile said:
\m/

behemoth's demigod is once again kicking my ass
Agreed :headbang:

FatesEnemy said:
Cataract has a new album coming out its fucking awesome. Go to metalblade.com and check it out. They have a free mp3 download of one of there new songs its bad ass.
"Within Triumph Comes Loss"..just picked it up, and I am digging it!

Also got:
Necrophagist "Onset OF Putrefaction" (which kicks my ass also)
LAmb Of God "Ashes of the Wake"
The Crown "Crowned Unholy" (my first taste of this band)