The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I've been listening to a lot of death metal and grind latley.

Suffocation - Souls to Deny/Pierced From Withen
Cannibal Corpse - The Wretched Spawn
A.C. - It Just Gets Worse
Gorerotted - Only Tools and Corpses
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Morbid Angel - Domination

Been listening to Katharsis (Ger), Vivaldi, Dvorák, Nietzsche, and Schubert today. Also listened to Bathory and Burzum for the first time in months.

Somberlain said:
I've been listening to Angantyr's Kampen Fortsaeter, Mortifera's Vastiia Tenebrd Mortifera, and Stalaggh's Projekt Nihil.

All decent, with the Angantyr being brilliant, and Stalaggh being some seriously twisted, obscure music.

Yes, the Angantyr is rather good. Seemed a bit cloneish at first, but now I've realised that while they do take obvious influences from all over the place, they put them together in quite an original and classical way.

I enjoy this album immensely yet I only have MP3s of it and I’m just wondering if there is a possible chance that this going to be re-issued.

Christie_fell said:
Lamb of God...? o_O
Hell yeah, I'm lovin this album. Saw them in concert a few weeks back, they put on one helluva show :headbang:

FatesEnemy said:
I just downloaded some new Mastodon, its fucking awesome.You guys should check it out if your in to them.
Most definately. The cd comes with a dvd also. Killer album \m/

Today I listened to:

It Dies Today - Forever Scorned: not too bad, have heard lots better
Finntroll - Nattfodd: I'm really digging this. I'd like to hear more from this band.
Dissection - Where Dead Angels Lie: never gets old to listen to.

I just checked out some new black metal bands. New for me, anyway...

Nocte Obducta
Mind Eclipse
Arkona
Falkenbach
Asmegin
Tvangeste

Got a buncha burnt CDs in the mail...Whiplash, Xentrix, Exorcist, Death Strike, Exumer, and an actual copy of an Andralls album. So far Exorcis's Nightmare Theatre is fucking excellent, thus proving that Virgin Steele fucking rule at whatever they do. They could probably record a damn good BM album. The Andralls (Force Against Mind) is also quite impressive–good Brazillian thrash; the usual Sepultura comparisons are fairly accurate, but I here a bit of Sodom here too. Exumer's Possessed By Fire is classic.

Haven't listened to the Xentrix yet.