The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

MetalNoob said:
Sex good... relationship bad o_O
you said sex!.you are banned kid ohh you will be burned in oil.
.respect ok you are BANNED.did you say Blue or red .it ain't damn matter you:Smokin: ARE banned. next time you are done.im a democratic and i approve this message.

Life Sucks said:
Great CD. I haven't listened to it in a long time, for some reason. I need to give it a spin again sometime soon.
The Second time through and I like it more, it seems like the weird feeling you get from the Finnish bands thrown in with Dismember distortion. Those Fins are fucking weird.:kickass:

Leiland said:
What are your oppinions on the crazy year of 93
We had some rare gems released like

Cynic - Focus
Atheist - Elements
Pestilence - Spheres
Death - Individual Thought Patterns

What are your thoughts on these albums.
They aren't your typical death metal albums, but it is intriguing that they are all similar in their approach to branch out from generic death metal and add some eccentric ideas.

I'm a big fan of all those bands, but Focus is the only album on that list I would rate as classic. And yeah even that has dated pretty badly, the vocoder vocals are annoying as hell now. All the others were difficult albums that had to follow the bands seminal releases.

Elements is a mess of an album, scratchy production, too many guitarists and no Steve Flynn on drums.

Spheres was Pestilence trying way too hard basically, good production and playing, but the ideas are all over the shop.

I don't think Individual Thought Patterns is a bad album, but following up two classics like Spiritual Healing and Human is a pretty big ask.

Into Eternity is good stuff, the leads in the title track and 'Tears' are awe-inspiring. The Desultory demos were recently released as a compilation named From Beyond the Visions of Death. Good to see these under-appreciated, forgotten bands getting some attention from labels.

hey guy's im new here,I've been listening to these:
Satyricon - Volcano
satyricon-Now_Diabolical
Amon amarth- Fate of Norns
Dark funeral- Attera Totus Santcus
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Weltmacht-And to every beast its prey
Satanic warmaster- Clandestine blaze

darkkiuban said:
you said sex!.you are banned kid ohh you will be burned in oil.
.respect ok you are BANNED.did you say Blue or red .it ain't damn matter you:Smokin: ARE banned. next time you are done.im a democratic and i approve this message.

I want to slap your English teacher.

Edit: or your parents

Mordicus is awsome. :headbang:

Malignance said:
Into Eternity is good stuff, the leads in the title track and 'Tears' are awe-inspiring. The Desultory demos were recently released as a compilation named From Beyond the Visions of Death. Good to see these under-appreciated, forgotten bands getting some attention from labels.

Good stuff and something on my get list. Have you heard the Forever Gone E.P that is before 'into eternity' ?. I'm really curious to hear that.

DarkBliss said:
Currently acquainting myself with Desultory's Into Eternity. Really impressive Swedish melodic death
It's an okay album, I don't see anything special in it though.

I thought the Demos ruled though.

Swizzlenuts have you heard Utumno -across the horizon ?

I think it might possibly be one of the greatest death metal albums.