The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Décadent;5570995 said:
Kenose is the worst offender of the lot. Though I guess at least it's not as long as SMR,C. Point is, it's yawnable.

I really can't see how anyone could listen to it on that much of a regular basis, due to the overly drawn out songs. I like em, but I just get tired of how they refuse to break songs into parts.

Edit: There are a million BM bands like this. (i.e. Hail, Drudkh, etc.) Don't get my wrong they make fantastic music.

Décadent;5570995 said:
Kenose is the worst offender of the lot. Though I guess at least it's not as long as SMR,C. Point is, it's yawnable.

I haven't heard this album, and I like Deathspell Omega.

Dän;5569149 said:
Not really man. It has some great moments, but far from perfect, and far from their best. Pure Holocaust and at the heart of winter exceed that album by far.

both excellent albums, but At The Heart Of Winter has aged better.

I'm listening to Bolt Thrower 'the IVth Crusade' which is very original as a death metal album for 1992. I would say it's somewhat similiar to swedish and finland death metal albums in a sense with harmonies over rythmn.

Not really considering it is exactly the same formula as their previous albums

I see the formula different than warmaster and realm of chaos. I would not say drastically or anything. I can't really think of many early 90's death metal bands that have harmonies over rythmn. Musically and lyrically it's different from majority of early 90's death metal cds. Bolt Thrower has original riffs and harmony concepts.

I LOVE SYL...i hadn't actually listened to the New Black yet but i decided it's been out for a while and i listened to U Suck and that song is amazing...the instrumentals and the lyrics and funny as fuck, but also i was listening to Alien and that album is incredible...the song Love is nearly perfect (it should have a guitar solo because Devon can) and i just love the way the songs on the album are very garage style jamming just loud and forceful

What do you mean by harmony? In a strict sense, Bolt Thrower doesn't use harmony at all, just a single voice with a alternating range of intervals over the root note. If I remember right, you need at least 2 melodic voices for harmony.

I'm talking about the guitar harmonies. I consider them to be some form of a harmony.