The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Because their best album, Pure Holocaust, is hardly even near perfect.

Pure Holocaust is pretty much the best black metal album ever recorded. And I bet you can't even think of ONE thing that is actually wrong with Damned in Black. It's got good, aggressive, fast riffs. Good vocal performance. It's kept short, which more bands in the genre should take heed of. The songs are diversive and interesting. Completely underrated... If you spent a little less time under a fucking oak with Andreas Hedlund or whatever, you'd realize this!

Pure Holocaust is pretty much the best black metal album ever recorded. And I bet you can't even think of ONE thing that is actually wrong with Damned in Black. It's got good, aggressive, fast riffs. Good vocal performance. It's kept short, which more bands in the genre should take heed of. The songs are diversive and interesting. Completely underrated... If you spent a little less time under a fucking oak with Andreas Hedlund or whatever, you'd realize this!

It lacks proper atmosphere, that is why it isn't near perfect.

Also, Pure Holocaust isn't even close to being one of the best black metal albums, for the reason of it not being 1/5 as good as Belenos - Spicilege is. I mean it is good, and a classic for sure but just not "best black metal album" material. Mind you, many would say that with how I hail Belenos.

Décadent;5570995 said:
Kenose is the worst offender of the lot. Though I guess at least it's not as long as SMR,C. Point is, it's yawnable.
No. Kenose is one of the best things recorded in the last few years. It is not at all tedious. They are only asking for you to listen to half an hour of music after all. I think many people expected it to be as accessible as SMRC and then didn't really give it the attention it deserved. Kenose - II is one of the most brilliant songs I've ever heard.

Pure Holocaust the best? hardly....

Crimson Velvet is 100% correct. Pure Holocaust utterly slays. It's better than the best of Darkthrone, and right up there with the best of Burzum and Ildjarn. As for competition from any modern black metal, well theres some, but not much. Belenos wish they wrote Pure Holocaust.

Crimson Velvet is 100% correct. Pure Holocaust utterly slays. It's better than the best of Darkthrone, and right up there with the best of Burzum and Ildjarn. As for competition from any modern black metal, well theres some, but not much. Belenos wish they wrote Pure Holocaust.

Why would Belenos wish they wrote a simply good album? Belenos has put our two fantastic albums, one nearly fucking perfect album, a damned good album, and three great demos.

Anyone else find Pagan Altar's vocals annoying at first, then realized that they actually blend perfectly with the music, and then liked them?

Yeah, same thing happened to me with Mercyful Fate. However I still don't like some of King Diamond's vocal lines here and there on Melissa.

Ehh, Ved Buens End is much better than Fleurety
Well, I think that Min Tid Skal Komme is much better than Written In Waters :p

hahah :lol: