The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Either Darkthrone trys way to hard with their black metal works and is boring and tedious or I am not getting them. I have gotten into a good ammount of black metal over a few months. I remember awile ago not liking the genre period.

Either Darkthrone trys way to hard with their black metal works and is boring and tedious or I am not getting them. I have gotten into a good ammount of black metal over a few months. I remember awile ago not liking the genre period.
They're not bad actually. I like Blaze in the Northern Sky and Under a Funeral Moon, although haven't given much attention to Transylvanian Hunger(it sounds so monotonous, but maybe that's the whole point in their minimalistic approach)
At least we can both agree on Soulside Journey being their best:kickass:

I usually just talk about swedish and finland death metal.

Death metal greatness from the US.

Morbid Angel -altars of madness,blessed are the sick.
Autopsy -severed survival,mental funeral
Immolation -dawn of possession
Goreguts -considered dead,the erosion sanity
Incantation -onward to golgotha
Brutality -when the sky turns black,screams of anguish
Monstrosity -imperial doom(reissue this already)
Death -scream bloody gore,leprosy,spiritual healing
Possessed -seven churches
Disincarnate -dreams of the carrion kind
Massacre -from beyond

This is all you need for US death metal imo.

Just a reminder to all of you;

Since this thread was my creation, and since I am moderator (and since the thread is being considered for condemnation by various posters), I'll be checking this thread more often than usual and deleting off-topic posts.

The only posts allowed in this thread are:
  • posts name-dropping one (or more) specific bands (and perhaps an album or two) + a description if you'd like
  • posts agreeing or disagreeing (within reason) with a particular hyped band/album
  • minor off-topic posts that don't go for over 2-3 total posts after the initial off-topic incident

Please feel free to amend this list (or suggest amendments). Please note self-promotion will never be tolerated here; if it's obvious you're promoting your own project overtly and have no other posting history, your self-promoting posts will be moved to their own thread in the correct forum.

All suggestions welcome, please PM them to me.

My apologies. I know I was the offender. :)

but errr since I am putting tracks up today or this week or something is it alright if I post the link so people can give em a listen and tell me what they think?