The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I'm sorry but when opinions and bias come into play, common sense seems to fuck off in a different direction. We can argue all day long and never come to an agreement. Better put it to rest now.

I love old-school death metal, but I find Cause Of Death to be terminally boring. And John Tardy is a fucking whiner. When I heard him I was expecting some gut-wrenching gutturals a-la the INSANELY SUPERIOR Frank Mullen, but...no. I got a whinier version of Chuck.

And yeah I know I'm in the minority there.

On Massacre. Kam Lee's vocals on From Beyond are so fucking good it takes away from some of the generic moments. The band writes good enough songs where it does not matter they are not pushing bounderies, each song is very distinguishable. The production job is one of the best from a florida DM album around that time.

Well they're just pretty basic; I mean, I obviously respect them for doing a daring style of pretty influential death metal before pretty much anyone else, but still...does not withstand the test of time. Effigy Of The Forgotten has aged so much fucking better.

Effigy is pretty generic. I can't listen to it anymore. I use to really like it when getting into death metal.

The entire cd is like DUN DUN DUN DUN. Sometimes the guitar playing and solos are just down right awful. I know now why there is all these new death metal bands I can't stand. Luckily I started posting here hearing some euro death because I would have lost interest in death metal 1,2 years ago because of bands like this and deicide,obituary,etc... and the entire newer US death metal scene.

Yeah Effigy is SO generic what with starting an entire sub-sub-genre of death metal and all...if anything, you're looking for the word "boring" or something, which I found it to be on first listen. However, repeated listens have revealed to me a lot of astounding moments on the CD; every breakdown, every time change, every drum fill; fucking perfect.

effigy is good but pierced from within has some of the most complex song structures ive ever heard in deathmetal and that makes it AWESOME

Based on my light experience with Suffocation, Pierced from Within has their best song (Torn into Enthrallment) but Effigy is more consistently good.

I received Humanure today, the original uncensored version which is good. I can't stand censored artwork.

Anyway it's pretty damn enjoyable, makes me wonder why Cattle Decapitation get so much shit on here.

Heh, I've never had a problem with Tardy's vocals. It's been aeons since I've listened to Cause of Death.

Greys, you need some fucking Nocturnus on that USDM list.

I always forget about the key and have been meaning to get this on cd for awile forgetting. I don't think Nocturnus released anything that sucked. I generally don't like the entire sc-fi thing but Nocturnus pull if off well.