The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Nocturnus are great. From Master I've only heard On the Seventh Day God Created and I don't remember much from it, except for America the Pitiful-a great rendition of the US national anthem

Another impressive USDM band I've just come across is Psychosis/Mass Psychosis. They released their first demo in 1990, called Face (it was re-released on CD in 1995, under the name Mass Psychosis). Basically, the band's name sums up the music aptly; psychotic technical death metal with an utterly demented vocalist who sounds like no other. Check it out.

Listening to Carbonized - Disharmonization and I'm seriously confused as to what I'm listening to right now. Totally fucking weird yet awesome.

Everybody should listen to Mystifier. Wicca, Goetia, and The World Is So Good That He Who Made It Doesn't Live Here are awesome albums. I haven't heard Demystifying The Mystified Ones For A Decade In The Earthly Paradise and Profanus yet.

I've only hear Goetia but it is a pretty good album.

Listening to Carbonized - Disharmonization and I'm seriously confused as to what I'm listening to right now. Totally fucking weird yet awesome.
Check out Disharmonic Orchestra too. They're pretty quirky,technical amd fucked up too. I've decided to look into them based on them being compared to Cadaver(which is like my favorite thing ever, hey it even rhymes) and there's some truth to it. One of the songs on their 1992 debut is called Return of the Living Beat even features a funky rap part(it just lasts several seconds, though)

As far as I know Nocturnus is the first technical and expirimental US death metal band that always remained very much heavily rooted in death metal. Cynic,athiest,pestilence, and death's more progressive and expirimental albums barely resemble death metal at all. Nocturnus could progress without leaving death metal. I would say the samething with Morbid Angel.

Their latest (and final) release, Epitome Of Darkness, is seriously one of the best old school Death Metal releases I've heard from the last ten years. You can get it from Roy at www.hellhammer.nl.

Here's a track from it to hear for yourself. Spawn Of Pure Malevolence There's also a Morbid cover, Another Vision.

This is absolutely fucking awesome. Raw and dirty as hell. Superb rec, man. Is there many newer Swedish bands playing death metal the way the ancients did? I know of Kaamos and Nominon, but other than that, my knowledge is limited. I need to keep up with the times..

This is absolutely fucking awesome. Raw and dirty as hell. Superb rec, man. Is there many newer Swedish bands playing death metal the way the ancients did? I know of Kaamos and Nominon, but other than that, my knowledge is limited. I need to keep up with the times..

I didn't care for Nominon much at all, good for a few listens then just gets tiring.