The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Ah shit yes Funebrarum! The guitarist (Matt) is doing guest vocals on an upcoming Ichorous collaboration with Anthony Saunders (who is friends with him)...just name-dropping...but Funebrarum is great, yeah.

The Greys, I just picked up Shadows of the Past, and am currently enjoying it, and getting North From Here soon. Should I stay away from their other stuff (apart from Amok)??

Hey Cody, do you have any good obscure old school dm recs for me? Evocation, Edge of Sanity, Torchure, Wombbath were all great recs. I'm on an old school dm kick right now, listening to mostly European shit like Mordicus, God Macarbre, Molested, Amorphis (1st album), Purtenance, Funebre, Convulse, Carnage, etc.

Hey Cody, do you have any good obscure old school dm recs for me? Evocation, Edge of Sanity, Torchure, Wombbath were all great recs. I'm on an old school dm kick right now, listening to mostly European shit like Mordicus, God Macarbre, Molested, Amorphis (1st album), Purtenance, Funebre, Convulse, Carnage, etc.

I'm not cody, but

Miasma
Fleshcrawl
Atrocity
Brutality
Demilich
Dismember
Autopsy
Entombed
Morbid Angel
(the last four are obvious, I hope)
Darkthrone- Soulside Journey
Seance

edit: Morpheus Descends

I'll add more later

In Master reviews people crap on Masvidal's leads are better in on the seventh day then in focus, what a crock of shit, they are nothing amazing at all.

The Greys, I just picked up Shadows of the Past, and am currently enjoying it, and getting North From Here soon. Should I stay away from their other stuff (apart from Amok)??

I have not heard a lot of newer sentenced where I can form an opinion as of now. I would just go with north from here and amok. I will say 'Down' onward sounds like a different band, down is the first album with the new vocalist.

Utumno -across the horizon
Sorcery -bloodchilling tales
Goddefied -absymal grief
Unleashed -shadows in the deep,where no life dwells
Cemetary-an evil shade of grey
Gorement-the ending quest
Epitaph-seeming salvation

maybe you have not heard these

I have not heard a lot of newer sentenced where I can form an opinion as of now. I would just go with north from here and amok. I will say 'Down' onward sounds like a different band, down is the first album with the new vocalist.

Utumno -across the horizon
Sorcery -bloodchilling tales
Goddefied -absymal grief
Unleashed -shadows in the deep,where no life dwells
Cemetary-an evil shade of grey
Gorement-the ending quest
Epitaph-seeming salvation

maybe you have not heard these
Thanks. I've never heard the Sorcery and the Goddified. I've actually been spinning that Epitaph CD a lot lately. It kicks ass.

Add Traumatic Voyage, Decomposed, Uncanny, Darkified, Nirvana 2002, Nihilist, Eternal Darkness, Gomorrah, Interment, Merciless Death,

I like You'll Never See better, too. I also like Soulless, but they clearly decided to incorporate more groove on that album. I don't like Hating Life (if someone wants to buy it from me, be my guest).

Anyone here listen to Leukemia? Good music, but the vocals don't fit.

I don't like the vocals on Soulless because they have this hardcorish sound. Dismember eventually started doing the samething.

I like Matti Karki's vocals. Hating Life has even more hardcore-ish vocals than Soulless. Soulless is groove death metal. The groove is so blatant in songs like Bullets are Mine. I still like that CD a lot, though.

I like Matti Karki's vocals

I like his vocals on Carnage 'dark recollections' and Dismember 'like an eveflowing stream', after he seems to go downhill. Have you heard his vocals on Dismember's live blasphemies DVD ?, he sounds awful.