The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

man i still feel their first album is a little goofy (though i think this is mostly a problem with the aesthetics of the synth technology that was available at the time) but it really seems like autechre havent stepped a foot wrong since amber onwards, which is really impressive especially when you consider the variation between each ep/album

Eh, it's a fine split, but best ever? Isn't that just what Falco said once?

I prefer the Vlad Tepes/Belketre split, and the Altar/Cartilage one, off the top of my head.

Falco?

I actually just downloaded Altar/Cartilage one, I probably give it a listen to it tommorow. Vlad Tepes and Belketre are both solid (Belketre>Vlad Tepes imo),so I assume that would be good also, I might just check it out.

elvis costello fuckin ownz

:cool:

get "String Of Bees" by Lesser Birds Of Paradise. it's apparantely quite teh obscure (it took a week plus on my wishlist on Slsk to find one person who had it...), but it's worth the trouble.

it's a mash of mellow acoustic indie & not-particularly-throwback alt-country with some lounge influences, vocals are pretty emorock but there's almost a mid-60s Simon and Garfunkel quality to the melodies and phrasing... great lyrics w/ awesome strategically placed curse words which i don't hear often enough these days :D and a refreshing take on "i like girls but they're sorta weird" kind of storytelling... totally lush orchestration and vocal harmonies and hella accordions and casio keyboard sounds...

edit: wtf i've been listening to bad religion too. great minds alike, huh...

I went to see Motorhead last night.

They were supported by Clutch. This was my first exposure to Clutch. They seemed "alright".

Motorhead were fucking great, but no massive suprises there. What was a suprise was an absolutely barn storming cover version of Thin Lizzy - Rosalie.

Fucking AWESOME.

oh, hey, d00ds, that reminds me, i got some awesome post-gig love last week... beau-tee-fullll girl who came up from Mexico for the weekend... 19 and a real sweetheart... it's nice when God and the Devil both have the same plan for me...

but y'all keep up with your strapping-young-boy fantasies, i won't judge anyone's perversions too harshly...

homos....