The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

man i still feel their first album is a little goofy (though i think this is mostly a problem with the aesthetics of the synth technology that was available at the time) but it really seems like autechre havent stepped a foot wrong since amber onwards, which is really impressive especially when you consider the variation between each ep/album

I still think Autechre only came into their own at around Chiastic Slide. Everything before that was practically just complicated dance music. Tri Repetae is hugely overrated.

i agree that it's overrated but it's still good stuff imo! but yeah i do prefer their later work with a more fragmented and complex sense of melody and structure

i dont see how you can call their early stuff "complicated dance music" anyway, the first 2 sound more like kraftwerk than anything else

I don't know either actually. It IS called Intelligent Dance Music, and I know from other forums that some people try to dance to it (don't ask me how) but why it is called that is beyond me.

A new heavy epic Solitude Aeturnus song for the fans. Finally some new non trendy heavy music that does not suck. I'm so sick of metalcore bands and brutal death metal bands shitting up heavy music.

Solitude Aeturnus - Alone / November 10th, 2006

1. Scent of Death 09:40
2. Waiting for the Light 04:39
3. Blessed Be the Dead 05:01
4. Sightless 04:22
5. Upon Within 07:54
6. Burning mp3 08:40
7. Is There 07:59
8. Tomorrows Dead 06:26
9. Essence of Black 05:35

CC here to the rescue!

Try these
Cenotaph - Pseudo Verminal Cadaverium: Crazy sounding album and one of my favorites. Endlessly interesting

Dying Fetus - Destroy the Opposition: Catchy but with technical parts, a good introduction to more brutal stuff.

Deeds of Flesh - Crown of Souls: Malevolent sounding brutal death with an odd but interesting sense of melody. Great drumming

And of course Suffocation if you haven't already tried them.

Not really very brutal, though...they do rule, however. Solid semi-melodic death metal with an "old-school" type atmosphere (DON'T listen to the M-A reviews, they're BS!).

TALK TALK - LAUGHING STOCK

is one of the best albums....ever....and unlike most of the stuff i mention here you guys might even like it...