The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Gorguts are great. Just about everyone here who likes death metal likes them. Believe it or not, but Obscura is my least favorite album of theirs, and Erosion of Sanity is my favorite. Every album of theirs is good, though.

I often wonder actually why is it that many people find Obscura unlistenable or even extremely difficult to get into. This album is what I would call naturally intriguing.Already on my cursory listen it sounded so relentless, audaciously dynamic and so unlike anything else I had previously heard that it encouraged me to listen to it untril it clicked which took but 4-5 sessions. Blatant fanboyism aside, it truly is wonderful and deserves every ounce of praise it gets. Gorguts' last album, though doesn't strike me as all that great, I just don't think it withstands the comparison with the awesome predecessor

They really are awsome. dances from left is going to be out in 2007 with bonus demos and the songs from their split.

I can't fucking wait.

I liked Mordicus quite a bit, but I still don't ever want to listen to them. They reminded me of a Demigod and Dismember/Entombed/Unleashed mixture.

Gorguts are great. Just about everyone here who likes death metal likes them. Believe it or not, but Obscura is my least favorite album of theirs, and Erosion of Sanity is my favorite. Every album of theirs is good, though.

Considered Dead and Erosion of Sanity are my favorites from them. I prefere their oldschool death metal approach.

Yea I know what you mean, actually I didn't really like World without God. The production was just muffled and bad. Didn't care for it much.

I also finally listened to Sentenced- North from Here(kudos to Dazed and Brutal for the upload) Interesting songwriting in places, very good musicianship but as a whole it sounds quite overblown and not very memorable. I'll probably give it a couple more spins, but my initially high expectations of the album has left me disappointed .

There are hundreds of albums that I really like but don't have the urge to listen to often. It's a natural product stemming from the expansion of one's collection.

yeah... it sucks...

Yea I know what you mean, actually I didn't really like World without God. The production was just muffled and bad. Didn't care for it much.

I also finally listened to Sentenced- North from Here(kudos to Dazed and Brutal for the upload) Interesting songwriting in places, very good musicianship but as a whole it sounds quite overblown and not very memorable. I'll probably give it a couple more spins, but my initially high expectations of the album has left me disappointed .

That's exactly how I feel about Sentenced.