The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

currently listening to agallochs latest and wondering why people still call this metal when it has more in common with rock, folk and postrock. sure it's metal-influenced but...it's not metal. the last 3 tracks sound (a LOT) like Mono! maybe it's irrelevant but i'm a pedant when it comes to such things!

could you imagine most people here, most metal fans anywhere, admitting to liking any of those three?

they're lying to themselves so their neat little world doesn't get shattered. no frayed ends, just TEH METTHULL!! :kickass:

TEH METTHULL!1111!!!! LOL

I actually love progressive rock

plain rock is pretty boring though (though I prolly haven't listened to enough of it)... king crimson is one of my favorite bands right now (in any genre)

could you imagine most people here, most metal fans anywhere, admitting to liking any of those three?

they're lying to themselves so their neat little world doesn't get shattered. no frayed ends, just TEH METTHULL!! :kickass:

Indeed :)

By the way, WW Tilly is quite good :eek:

currently listening to agallochs latest and wondering why people still call this metal when it has more in common with rock, folk and postrock. sure it's metal-influenced but...it's not metal. the last 3 tracks sound (a LOT) like Mono! maybe it's irrelevant but i'm a pedant when it comes to such things!

with the exclusion of Not Unlike the Waves

but you're right with the comparison to Mono...I believe the drummer played with Mono or some other post rock band. Agalloch isn't shy about comparing themselves to post rock bands or admitting they are influenced by post rock. The last three tracks are probably my favorite ones

I think that if AAtG were more metal it wouldn't be as good of an album, the atmosphere they achieved on it wouldn't have been as possible with a more metal oriented sound.

I've had Beatrik's Journey Through The End Of Life on my computer for about a year, but only decided to give it a proper listening in the past week or so. It's actually extremely good, I don't know why I put off listening to it for so long. Any other fans?

I've had Beatrik's Journey Through The End Of Life on my computer for about a year, but only decided to give it a proper listening in the past week or so. It's actually extremely good, I don't know why I put off listening to it for so long. Any other fans?

Beatrik are my least favorite of the Black Legion Bands, but I still think they are pretty solid.