The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I am a hell trucker! Laying waste to the road, with a neutron bomb!
beerbang.gif

hey if your not 2 sure what u want 2 listen 2, and u like music with an old school singer then try '3 Inches of Blood'. i'm liking the track 'Night Marauders' the demo x

best review of the new Joanna Newsom i've read.

this sums up why i only listened to it once and a half when it came out, but why i also feel really bad about that fact. whatever, i've been listening to Funkadelic and Cee-Lo instead and i'm none the worse...

...that last line is genius.

Haha, it may be a pretentious album but I absolutely love it :)

Wagner FTW!

edit: Being a violinist I can tell you that Bach is not even close to the greatest composer ever, but yes he was very good.

If you are trying to say that he is not the most virtuosic than you may be right, but that hardly makes him any less of a composer. I don't know that much about classical music, but I would have to see alot more evidence than just your opinion to believe what you are try to say.

I have only heard Bach, Mozart and some Vivaldi and Monteverdi. I have really enjoyed the classical that I have heard, but I think I will love anything that Bach has ever written...:kickass:

If you are trying to say that he is not the most virtuosic than you may be right, but that hardly makes him any less of a composer. I don't know that much about classical music, but I would have to see alot more evidence than just your opinion to believe what you are try to say.

I have only heard Bach, Mozart and some Vivaldi and Monteverdi. I have really enjoyed the classical that I have heard, but I think I will love anything that Bach has ever written...:kickass:

Bach is a great composer, but overall his music is very simplistic in comparison to say someone like Wagner. Bach doesn't incorporate many melodies and harmonies together, but tends to stick with one melody throughout the insturments, while others work off a melody, creating that grand atmosphere. The dynamics just aren't up to par with others. Bach also tended to over use certain things (such as constant appregio/sticcato), but that is just his style. The thing that Bach did so great was challenge the common melodies of the time with something different and more original. He was great melody writer, but he lacked in writing background stuff. I could explain this a lot better with some fancy musical terms, but i want to make it as simple as possible.

It's mostly dynamic shit. Bach doesn't like to use much in tone variation (lacking retards (yes that's the word for it), etc), and if he built more of a climax, I'm sure his songs would be even better, more thrilling. There isn't much to critique with Bach's music because it's very good, just not the best.

Bach is a legit top 5 composer, but it's hard for me to consider him the best ever. Bach was def. the was most catchy composser.

Okay, I can now say with absolute certainty that Primordial - Spirit The Earth Aflame is one of my top five metal albums ever released.

Valkyrie - Valkyrie fucking owns :kickass:

Doom + Harmonies up the ass + Traditional Metal + ace as fuck vocals = :kickass:

Fuck yeah! These guys don't fucking stop the entire album!

Haha, it may be a pretentious album but I absolutely love it

it's just my fault for being indielitist... i was always hyping milk-eyed mender but one day i just kinda went "this is gonna blow up real soon", just like i did with Devendra, and, sure enough, Ys is huge and she's a postergirl and it's just not what i remember her being about before, just like Devendra... i want the slightly crazy 21 year old w/ a harp, not grownup "accomplished" mid-20s woman-artist... i want the pop Joanna back...

...and, i mean Van Dyke Parks, for fuck's sake?... the man's brilliant, he's an institution, but as an "artist" he kinda works for The Man now, he's not the same wonder kid he was 30-some years ago... his work is always flawless, but i just feel... i don't know what i feel, i should just listen to it again, i'm prolly totally wrong :)

if you can possibly find anything by the mid-90s NYC band Marry Me Jane, it's all out of print and vltra kvlt, but you might dig that... it's just grungy college rock most of the time but the singer's great and the tunes are great and it's one of my favorite secrets cos they're completely unknown, broken up a decade-plus ago, while their singer Amanda went on to not go anywhere and hasn't done shit in like 6 years...

but it's all great...

Anybody in here like the power/thrash band called Powermad? They remind abit of Watchtower, who I like as well.

I got around to checking out Stargazer-The Scream That Tore The Sky... they have an interesting sound for sure and I may possibly consider them a favorite down the road with more listens. They provided a much better listening experience than Lykathea Aflame (sorry DarkBliss, :) )... I couldn't get into them.

Anybody in here like the power/thrash band called Powermad? They remind abit of Watchtower, who I like as well.

I got around to checking out Stargazer-The Scream That Tore The Sky... they have an interesting sound for sure and I may possibly consider them a favorite down the road with more listens. They provided a much better listening experience than Lykathea Aflame (sorry DarkBliss, :) )... I couldn't get into them.
Hmph,you like what you like. Why apologize?:) But yes, Stargazer are also great