The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

gainsbourg is such a fucking creep

not at all... well, kind of, but you say that like it carries a negative connotation... he was the embodiment of the realization of a dream through sheer will... an obsessive pseudo-pedophilic, lecherous, old-ish particularly ugly man with no kind of vocal range becomes the biggest sex symbol in France and teenage girls buy his albums and fawwwwnnnnn AND he's pretty much universally critically acclaimed... and 40 some years later he's a legend... anyone can make it with a 3-octave range and high cheekbones. but he really made it in life.

that life, to me, is the definition of greatness. :kickass:

he smoked like a chimney til the day he died and he never gave a fuck about anything but pretty girls and pissing on the establishment...

i think all of us need to re-think our priorities...

HAHAHA check this out:
www.myspace.com/ibktvsbfct

ITTY BITTY KITTY TITTIES VS. BIG FAT CAT TATS is a deathshred post-black metal band from the coldest reaches of The Internet. They fuse raw recording with melodies from the middle-east. There is a revolving line up, and the band may be thought of as a project similar to Death or maudlin of the Well. It is rare that any credited member will appear on every recording. Primary band members are strong promoters of recreational drug use, including marijuana, LSD, heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, opium, and shrooms. The band has recently signed to Rinlapse Records, and plans to release a full length album entitled "KVLT" along with an EP of cover songs.

Oh god, IBKT has moved beyond the realms of gameFAQs slsk chat room and into UM. I must inform them immediately!

Ha!

Amon Amarth - "With Oden On Our Side"
Another enjoyable album from Amon Amarth. Lots of nice melodies.

Iron Maiden - "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son"
I was actually disappointed with this one. It had some cool songs (particularly "The Evil That Men Do"), but mostly I was just bored.

Motorhead - "Ace of Spades"
Rock and roll!

Vio-lence - "Eternal Nightmare"
Yeah, this shit rules!

Ha!

Amon Amarth - "With Oden On Our Side"
Another enjoyable album from Amon Amarth. Lots of nice melodies.

Iron Maiden - "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son"
I was actually disappointed with this one. It had some cool songs (particularly "The Evil That Men Do"), but mostly I was just bored.

Motorhead - "Ace of Spades"
Rock and roll!

Vio-lence - "Eternal Nightmare"
Yeah, this shit rules!

1. haven't heard it
2. great album - don't understand why you find it boring
3. agreed
4. agreed

Yeah, I guess I'll have to give "Seventh Son..." some more tries. Compared to the other Maiden albums I have, it is my least favorite so far, and by far.

Woah, damn. I worship Seventh Son, and pretty much from the first listen, I didn't find it a grower.

Though agreed on the above Can I Play With Madness comment - still an entertaining song, but not really up to the epic calibre of the rest of the album.

As for Vio-lence, they are exactly the breed of thrash that I have found it impossible to enjoy of late. They sum up the predictable American cheese sound which I have pretty much abandoned utterly. I listened to Eternal Nightmare just the other day, and couldn't get into it at all.

For dirtier, more chaotic thrash influenced by Sodom, Celtic Frost, Destroyer 666, Nifelheim and so on, why not check out the 3 demo tracks of the new London blackened thrash band Craven Idol:

Craven Idol

Bestial Invasion of Hell/London!

logo.gif

Seventh Son is one of the better Bruce-fronted albums, but it takes some time. At least it did for me. And Can I Play With Madness will always be a bit on the gay side.

Their last decent album. Yes Can I Play With Madness is hella ghey. And there's too much guitar synth action on the album. But apart from that it's pretty good. It's no Powerslave though.

Their last decent album. Yes Can I Play With Madness is hella ghey. And there's too much guitar synth action on the album. But apart from that it's pretty good. It's no Powerslave though.

Ha, funny, cause I almost got "Powerslave" instead of this.

I'm listening to a tonne of old Sabbath, currently, and anything with a vaguely Sabbathian drum sound. I'm rediscovering Sabbath through the drums, oddly enough. Everyone gives "mad props", as I'm assured you hipsters would have it, to Iommi, but there's something charmingly organic about the way that Bill Ward "thumps" those "tubs".

Cosmic.

Also, lots of Iron Monkey again, for the reasons above.