The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Coroner - "Punishment for Decadence"
This was alright. I'm going to have to give this some more listens.

This is their best one and their most thrashy imo. The first coroner is so wanky I can't even listen to it.

I think Coroner are more than a tad over rated, if I'm utterly honest with you.

I really, REALLY like Cathedral. I also really like Jet Audio Pro after the fucking abortion that is Windows Media player 11 has finished fucking over my brand new Centrino Duo powered laptop. Fucking shite.

Brocas Helm - "Defender of the Crown"
This is good. Lots of cool bass stuff going on in here.

Got this recently too. Totally eccentric heavy metal, and yes the bass is pretty thrilling throughout.

I find to an extent that it is hard to consider it a single album, because there are so many tracks and it takes so many tangents, it has a tendancy to seem fragmented. But I guess they are all bound together by the general crazy Brocas Helm sound!

I'm listening to The Chasm - Conjurations of the Spectral Empire right now ... this is absolutely brilliant! Never gave it enough attention.... stupid me.

Just uploaded Necromantia's "Scarlet Evil Witching Black" from a PM I got last night, and it is very good. How did someone know I was looking for some new black metal? :)
You're welcome, mate. I uploaded it for someone else initially but then decided to share with more people, and I just knew you were gonna love it:)

I'm listening to The Chasm - Conjurations of the Spectral Empire right now ... this is absolutely brilliant! Never gave it enough attention.... stupid me.
Aye it is, and better than Deathcult though the latter has grown on me eventually.About Deathcult: a great but flawed album(bad production, vocals and the 2nd and 3rd tracks are pretty weak-well, No Mercy is utter wank imo)

Dark Quarterer - s/t
I'm enjoying this. Heavy/doom metal/rock.

The album is ace, the more I listen the more I love it. You're a fuck too. I think you got the last copy of that from Tim because I tried to get it like 2 days after you ordered, and it was out.

Aye it is, and better than Deathcult though the latter has grown on me eventually.About Deathcult: a great but flawed album(bad production, vocals and the 2nd and 3rd tracks are pretty weak-well, No Mercy is utter wank imo)
I don't think the production is anything to cry about. It lacks punch, but you can hear everything OK and it conveys the songwriting. Also, I think No Mercy is a killer track!!

The album is ace, the more I listen the more I love it. You're a fuck too. I think you got the last copy of that from Tim because I tried to get it like 2 days after you ordered, and it was out.

:oops:

Dream Death - "Journey into Mystery"
This is fucking awesome! It's, like, doom/thrash! Reminds me of old Celtic Frost!

My Celtic Frost "Morbid Tales" hoodie has generated quite a lot of controversy at my 453-person, reformed Christian private school. It's both amusing and annoying at the same time. :) It's got some people listening to the album, but of course, no one really likes it. :rolleyes:

THEN THEY ARE IDIOTS! Sorry, capslock slippage there.

How can anyone not seriously worship at the altar of Morbid Tales ? I mean, really ?

THEN THEY ARE IDIOTS! Sorry, capslock slippage there.

How can anyone not seriously worship at the altar of Morbid Tales ? I mean, really ?

Amen. The jacket itself has become a sort of caricature/joke amongst my peers.

I don't WORSHIP it, but it is a wonderful display of European thrash. Still like To Mega Therion better, though. :)

Honestly ? I always preferred the rawness and unbridled atmosphere of MT much more...in fact, I haven't really cared for anything else Celtic Frost except for Emperors Return material until Monotheist hit the shelves...

Honestly ? I always preferred the rawness and unbridled atmosphere of MT much more...in fact, I haven't really cared for anything else Celtic Frost except for Emperors Return material until Monotheist hit the shelves...

I know what you mean, but I prefer the riffs in TMT. MT is very close behind it, though. Perhaps I haven't given it enough listens.

I'm really loving Limbonic Art's two most recent albums, Ad Noctum and The Ultimate Death Worship. I will be getting the two albums before them very soon. What should I expect in the perspective of the two albums I already own?