The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I just listened to Xasthur - Telepathic with the deceased

it was surprisingly very good, for a first listen, and also very long

The album was pretty good, but JESUS I am a black metal fan but OH GOD the damn production quality I ALMOST COULDNT TAKE IT it was like listening to your tv when its all fuzzy and shit.

It grew more tolerable once I started listening to more BM, but that is as low as I go with production quality.

They're actually not too bad...

I was more laughing because when first seeing it was funny because it's a bunch of girls. I guess for a bunch of females they are decent and the drummer was cool and for a rehearsal they also sound pretty clean.

Some problems.

1. lack of enthusiasm from some of them.

It's cool to see a bunch of females that do not idolize mainstream idols. If they practice more could record a cool cd and maybe more females will want to play death metal. I have no idea if there is a decent ammount of female death metal bands or anything so have no idea.

I was more laughing because when first seeing it was funny because it's a bunch of girls. I guess for a bunch of females they are decent and the drummer was cool and for a rehearsal they also sound pretty clean.

Some problems.

1. lack of enthusiasm from some of them.

It's cool to see a bunch of females that do not idolize mainstream idols. If they practice more could record a cool cd and maybe more females will want to play death metal. I have no idea if there is a decent ammount of female death metal bands or anything so have no idea.

The lack of enthusiasm could just be because they're rehearsing. You can't expect them to jump around in a cramped rehearsal room.

It's definitely cool to see women playing metal and doing it well.

I will check them out.

also.

I heard an Empyrium song and enjoyed it and am curious where would be a good place start.

All of their albums are great, but check out A Wintersunset... and Songs Of Moors & Misty Fields, then if you feel like hearing what Empyrium has to offer from a purely folk perpective (which I suggest you do) check out their last two releases Where At Night The Wood Grouse Plays and Weiland.

The lack of enthusiasm could just be because they're rehearsing. You can't expect them to jump around in a cramped rehearsal room.

I don't know man, I saw a rehearsal/recording for an Epica song and the guitarists were getting all into it headbanging and shit.

Maybe they are on their periods!.

Pentagram - "Relentless"
Hell yeah, fucking rock!

Sabbat - "Satanasword"
Fucking insane vocals with melodic heavy metal riffs, solos, and melodies.

Ripper - "...And the Dead Shall Rise"
Bludwulf remind me of these guys.

Valkyrie - s/t
This shit rocks! Awesome vocals, great melodies/solos, groooove.