The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Necromandus "Orexis of Death" rules. Recommended for fans of early Sabbath, prog or stoner rock, proto metal, etc...

Has anyone here seen the new Grave DVD ?

Yes. I have had it to review.

I'm not the greatest of Grave fans, considering them to be the runt of the original Swedish DM litter, but to be honest, the DVD live performance is great.

A comparison would be any of the (also stunning) Vader DVDs - all of which are produced by Metal Mind and recorded in Poland.

Worth having, and I'm not a huge Grave supporter.

Right now I'm enjoying Violent Night, a local thrash metal band that has since disbanded (and recently reformed). Heavily influenced by Megadeth, the members have gone on to some other great bands.

Check 'em out here.

v5 droppin the "trendy in gmd in 2005" recs

PSH I started the trend for that TYVM!

Also, Wind Of Moors is good and I usually hate BM-related ambient projects...thus, doubly impressed. Silencedawn and his split with Hunok are good too. The dude's got a really fucking nice track record so far.

Damnit, this is crazy. For the past fuckin' month I've had Rilo Kiley top my last.fm charts. In a month they hit my number 8 most listened to band at just under 300 listens. Absolutely addicting band.

Damn you SV! DAMN YOU!

hehe

Overall Top Artists
1 Rilo Kiley 300
2 Saturday Looks Good to Me 235
3 Fugazi 226
4 Autechre 220
5 Xiu Xiu 202
6 My Bloody Valentine 166
7 Envy 135
8 Current 93 132
9 Bad Religion 130
10 Elvis Costello 109

:OMG:

hehe

Overall Top Artists
1 Rilo Kiley 300
2 Saturday Looks Good to Me 235
3 Fugazi 226
4 Autechre 220
5 Xiu Xiu 202
6 My Bloody Valentine 166
7 Envy 135
8 Current 93 132
9 Bad Religion 130
10 Elvis Costello 109

:OMG:

1 Pain of Salvation 891
2 Diabolical Masquerade 531 (Honestly is out of place here, Death's Design's 61 tracks just makes it really unbalanced)
3 Belenos 526
4 Our Lady Peace 476
5 Agalloch 377
6 Grave Digger 347
7 Elvenking 320
8 Rilo Kiley 317
9 Kamelot 308
10 dredg 289

:D

I very rarely like Prog. metal nowadays because it tends to suffer from "Dream Theater" syndrome (read: Too much technicallity, too little emotion)

PoS solve that issue for me.

How so? I like all kinds of black metal.

Well then maybe you will like them. I was just basing that off of what you seem to prefer, and honestly I haven't listened to them much myself. I guess you should just check them out for yourself.

7593-0-220-0-300.jpg

:kickass:

Well then maybe you will like them. I was just basing that off of what you seem to prefer, and honestly I haven't listened to them much myself. I guess you should just check them out for yourself.

7593-0-220-0-300.jpg

:kickass:

I just bought their album Verräterischer, Nichtswürdiger Geist. I've heard some samples beforehand and I like the unique style.

edit: that pic isn't showing up