The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I'm not much into Prog. Metal. Watchtower is the only Prog. Metal band that appeals to me.

On a side note, they were the band that influenced Prog. Metal in the first place. Even Dream Theater cited Watchtower as an influence.

It's a pic of Sabbat (Jpn), unrelated to our conversation.

The picture definitely disappeared.

"Damnation" is a very mellow album. It's good for relaxing, sleeping, etc. I like it. It also got my girlfriend into Opeth.

I bought Agalloch's Ashes Against the Grain today and after a focused first listen, I have to say this album is fucking brilliant. Along with Xasthur and Leviathan, Agalloch may have restored my faith in America's metal potential.

Yes I wasn't expecting the album to be much metal, from what I've heard. I listen to it, I hear growling, heavy riffs, double bass drumming. It was a lot more metal than I expected.

Shut up about fucking genres...usually that'd be me. :)

Post about music you like instead. I like that stuff better.

Any '07 releases you guys have liked?!

shame that album isnt metal

I agree to an extent and due to the growling vocals and heavy guitars you could probably just say the album is half metal and half non metal, 'limbs' is a metal song where say 'falling snow' is not. I think with each cd Agalloch gets less metal and folk sounding. Pale Folklore sounds very metal to me on the other hand.

Shut up about fucking genres...usually that'd be me. :)

Post about music you like instead. I like that stuff better.

Any '07 releases you guys have liked?!

Scarsick is so far the best I've heard, it has REALLY grown on me but I expect many albums to surpass it.

Agalloch's rythmn guitars sound heavily rooted in doom metal to me so despite their being lots of melody and clean guitars the band sounds heavy.