The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I'm really enjoying early Annihilator at the moment, despite the knowledge that on an objective level, it really doesn't hold together too well.

Do any other readers enjoy albums that they know aren't very good, but enjoy them anyway ?

Soilwork's Figure Number Five is a pretty well-done album, but the composition is very same-y from track to track and extremely unsophisticated...yet it remains one of the best CDs I've heard. Ever.

Yea me too, blasting black metal FTW!!! I mean sure it all sounds similar but its still very enjoyable for me.

Machine Head - Burn My Eyes is quite good for a pretty average attempt, especially in considering the tub-thumping goodness of Vio-Lence.

Vaticide - Cursed (demo) isn't bad, despite the somewhat lack-luster musicianship

At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul is pretty wicked, despite clear inferiority to the first two albums

Dark Tranquillity - Projector, probably the best of the average albums. It's a little cliche, doesn't quite meet the standards of other DT albums, but is awesome in every other respect.

etc.etc.

Ha. Yeah, the new Sigh song sounds quite good but hopefully that's not the final mix/master as the snare sounds terrible. Everything else sounds good though, I am glad they are making a turn back to the harsh vocals I wasn't a very big fan of the vocal style on Gallows Gallery.