The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

OK Dodens, please compare and contrast Summoning's Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame to Oath Bound.

Oath Bound has a much more relaxed feel, and a more effective use of samples. Oath Bound also uses the chanted choruses much better than LMHSYF. The guitars are not as dominant, using arpeggio riffs instead of the style found on the previous two albums. It's kind of a blend between the Minas Morgul/Dol Guldur style and the Stronghold/Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame style.

Oath Bound has a much more relaxed feel, and a more effective use of samples. Oath Bound also uses the chanted choruses much better than LMHSYF. The guitars are not as dominant, using arpeggio riffs instead of the style found on the previous two albums. It's kind of a blend between the Minas Morgul/Dol Guldur style and the Stronghold/Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame style.

Sounds good to me, thanks again.

Bloodstone (Swe) - Hour of the Gate (Truly one of the most underrated death metal albums in existence)
Crypt of Kerberos - World of Myths (See above)
Lemming Project - Hate and Despise (Quite similar to Therion)
Excruciate (Swe) - Passage of Life

im going to check these out thanks

holy shit the thermals' the body, the blood, the machine is a fuckin great album combining the driving, distorted nature of punk with an indie rock sensibility and catchy pop hooks. it's nothing massively original but it's MASTERFULLY executed and personally i think it's great to hear a band putting the ROCK back in indie rock!

Morgoth's Cursed is the best old school death metal album I have heard in some time. It really managed to capture my attention compared to a lot of stuff I have listened to recently.

Morgoth's Cursed is the best old school death metal album I have heard in some time. It really managed to capture my attention compared to a lot of stuff I have listened to recently.

Sweet. I have been spinning that disk a lot lately. I really like the leads also regardless there not being a lot they really stand out.

holy shit the thermals' the body, the blood, the machine is a fuckin great album combining the driving, distorted nature of punk with an indie rock sensibility and catchy pop hooks. it's nothing massively original but it's MASTERFULLY executed and personally i think it's great to hear a band putting the ROCK back in indie rock!

Wrong forum!.

Shut up Greys, this is the thread where you talk about MUSIC you like. As long as EVERYONE doesn't start talking about indie rock, it's fine. So go die!

I dig the new Element; pretty good interesting death metal. Then again when the new Kronos comes out, everything else is fucked in terms of relevancy to music for me for the most part, so yeah.

pochettepetite.JPG

\M/\M/

This is a general metal discussion meaning the music you talk about is metal. There are forums for people to talk about non metal music they like and next time someone posts about indie rock,etc... I'm reporting the post to metal-ages.

This is a general metal discussion meaning the music you talk about is metal. There are forums for people to talk about non metal music they like and next time someone posts about indie rock,etc... I'm reporting the post to metal-ages.

Off yourself now you douche.

I'm going to off you emo indie rock dork!

Oddly enough I've not even been listening to indie lately, only bands I've really been listening to that can be called that are Cursive and I suppose Rilo Kiley. I've been metal enough lately.

I've always got rid of the annoying "NMI" signature, so whatever.

Anyways, Stevie Ray Vaughan rules.