The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I honestly get the feeling that most of you hate Titanic because it was such a success, and was so popular for a time there. Tbt, I am pretty sure that if it was a more independent film, or, if it didn't become so popular with young girls/women (which is reason enough for some of you idiots to hate something), then you wouldn't bash it the way you do.

There was very little wrong with the movie itself. I agree the hype it got was annoying as fuck. But DiCaprio and Winslet are both incredible actors (Winslet especially), Cameron is a great director, it was a beautiful film.

1) No, the movie fucking sucked and was laced with Hollywood cheese, and the only reason that you liked it is because you give an exaggerated importance to the event on which the movie is LOOSELY based (because it focuses on the degenerate relationship of a stupid bitch and a worthless piece of shit instead of a more interesting and involving concept than a simple love story that's been done to death)

2) Stop using your stupid fucking "tbt" acronym. Nobody fucking cares.

It was about how one person who you only get to know for a brief period can change you for the rest of your life. =/

Sorry that's corny to you? Dude everyone likes different things. I'm just saying I really think most of you would think differently about the movie if it weren't for certain outside circumstances surrounding it.

edit: And it wasn't loosely based. Everything that happened in that movie was timed to a 'T' within the grand scheme of things where and how it actually was on the real ship. Pretty much every thing you see after it hits the berg is as accurate as we can possibly get without actually having been there. Cameron enlisted several historians as well as survivors to work with him on it throughout. Also... the decayed present day ship we see throughout was the actual ship as it was in 1996. Cameron risked his life several times to go down there and film it.

It was about a SNOBBY RICH LITTLE WHORE rebelling against her parents and her class by fucking some scummy little shit that snuck on the ship through the hobo hatch. There's nothing "deep" about the movie either, it's completely fucking shallow.

What was so shallow about it? I hope you're not going to say love. :erk:

Yes some of the people where shallow, greedy fuckers (Rose's mother and her fiance, Mr. Ismay, etc) but that was only to prove a point, and to show how low some people get.

I honestly get the feeling that most of you hate Titanic because it was such a success, and was so popular for a time there. Tbt, I am pretty sure that if it was a more independent film, or, if it didn't become so popular with young girls/women (which is reason enough for some of you idiots to hate something), then you wouldn't bash it the way you do.

There was very little wrong with the movie itself. I agree the hype it got was annoying as fuck. But DiCaprio and Winslet are both incredible actors (Winslet especially), Cameron is a great director, it was a beautiful film.

I didn't like it because it was boring. Somewhat interesting, but not enough to justify it's length. It was over three hours long. Now, I like a long movie- but only if can actually hold my interest. The Great Escape was almost as long as Titanic, but interesting enough so that one doesn't even notice the length.

Bottom line: If it wasn't so long it would have been a lot better.

To each his / her own.

Damn, now I want to watch The Great Escape again.

But to be on topic for this thread: Am I the only one who likes Judas Priest's Point of Entry album? It seems like a lot of people disliked it.

Yeah, just like every other emotional little teeny bopper girl. Face it, you're just one of them, don't try to intellectualize your getting all wet over DiCaprio.

But to be on topic for this thread: Am I the only one who likes Judas Priest's Point of Entry album? It seems like a lot of people disliked it.

No, it's pretty good, but definitely among their worst pre-Ripper albums. Not as bad as Turbo, not as good as Ram It Down.

Reactions: Susperia
"The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like"

Some bitch is talking about shitty movies like titanic. jesus christ this place needs to really be revaluated.

No, it's pretty good, but definitely among their worst pre-Ripper albums. Not as bad as Turbo, not as good as Ram It Down.

Agreed. I liked Turbo as well, but if it wasn't for the tracks Turbo Lover and Reckless I'd probably never listen to the album.

Turbo and Point of Entry are lacking when compared to other JP albums, but I think they're both ok on their own. Defenders of the Faith and Sad Wings of Destiny are their best albums, if you ask me.

I would say Sad Wings and Stained Class. I think they lost a bit in the 80s myself when they started focusing more on being "Metal," which is really obvious in the lyrical topics.