The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Altars of Madness and Blessed are the Sick both fucking rule. But this is common knowledge.

Yep. Add 'covenant' too the list. If you can't tell these albums are classic and morbid angel is pushing the death metal genre forward than it's your loss. These are some of the most extreme for the time.

Compositional depth means shit to me, all that I care about is the music sounding good to me and if something isn't good to me then why bother with it.

Wow... You realize that this means that there is an entire side to music that will alway be beyond you for as long as you keep this attitude. Not slagging you here, just pointing out that your appreciation of music as a whole could increase exponentially if you learn how to appreciate compositional depth.

Then again, this explains perfectly why you listen to some of the shit you do. :loco:

Wow... You realize that this means that there is an entire side to music that will alway be beyond you for as long as you keep this attitude. Not slagging you here, just pointing out that your appreciation of music as a whole could increase exponentially if you learn how to appreciate compositional depth.

Then again, this explains perfectly why you listen to some of the shit you do. :loco:

You see I can appreciate compositional depth, but if the music doesn't sound good to me I'm not going to listen to it. Perhaps, if I were able to study music, study music theory, study composition I would be able to appreciate things on a different level but for now I'm fine with just listening to what pleases me, or makes me feel.

Yep. Add 'covenant' too the list. If you can't tell these albums are classic and morbid angel is pushing the death metal genre forward than it's your loss. These are some of the most extreme for the time.

I thought Covenant was a huge let down after Blessed Are The Sick. I'll have to give it another try one of these days, I haven't heard it in many years.

I thought Covenant was a huge let down after Blessed Are The Sick. I'll have to give it another try one of these days, I haven't heard it in many years.

no matter how hard I try I still cannot find a copy of Blessed Are The Sick for the life of me. :mad:

Raintime :

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=46511089

Close to becoming my favorite band, these guys are o_O how should I say.... Different...

Its like a mix of Melo Death / Black **some vocals** / Power **vocals**

Very ambient and technical

Listen to Mootlie and Flies and Lies

I hated power metal vocals with such a fucking passion, but Claudio Coassin is just a beast, he goes from Power > Melo D / Death > Black vocals. Hes amazing, and the band has a ton of fucking skill, I'm not sure why they aren't more popular its just amazing.

Anyways, lets see what you guys think. They aren't like any other band out right now. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

destroyer%20666%20band%20bw.jpg

anybody know any really good brutal death metal/grindcore

- fairly technical
- not so distorted where it becomes an indistinguishable barrage of noise
- high pitched screams/growls vocals but please no awful burping vocals (any other form of growling vocals is fine)

anybody know any really good brutal death metal/grindcore

- fairly technical
- not so distorted where it becomes an indistinguishable barrage of noise
- high pitched screams/growls vocals but please no awful burping vocals (any other form of growling vocals is fine)

Lykathea Aflame
!T.O.O.H.!

I am yet to hear a Countess album...I've seen 'em compared to Hail and Faustcoven. Do they sound anything alike? What's a good album to start?

I am yet to hear a Countess album...I've seen 'em compared to Hail and Faustcoven. Do they sound anything alike? What's a good album to start?

Heilig Vuur is my favorite album of theirs. Fantastic, but I can't answer the other questions because I've not heard those bands.