The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I am yet to hear a Countess album...I've seen 'em compared to Hail and Faustcoven. Do they sound anything alike? What's a good album to start?

I wouldn't say they sound alike enough to make a comparison, I suppose the general link is Barbarian Wrath. Countess play a far more orthodox style of black metal, heavily influenced (especially on later albums) by NWOBHM. Still, I recommend Ad Maiorem Sathanae Gloriam because it rules. I much prefer Hail, and to a lesser extent Faustcoven (can't wait for new fucking albums by these two bastards).

anybody know any really good brutal death metal/grindcore

- fairly technical
- not so distorted where it becomes an indistinguishable barrage of noise
- high pitched screams/growls vocals but please no awful burping vocals (any other form of growling vocals is fine)

Not many bands like that exist. But hell, lets see.....

errr your best bet for "grindcore" would be checking out some gay myspacecore bands, that could fit your bill. At least it would ease you into the genre. Other than that, you might like Rotten Sound, Soilent Green, Pope Benedict, Birdflesh, Discordance Axis, etc. Grindcore is not to difficult to find without "awful burping vocals", but Brutal Death is a different story.

errr your best bet for "grindcore" would be checking out some gay myspacecore bands, that could fit your bill. At least it would ease you into the genre. Other than that, you might like Rotten Sound, Soilent Green, Pope Benedict, Birdflesh, Discordance Axis, etc. Grindcore is not to difficult to find without "awful burping vocals", but Brutal Death is a different story.

Myspace is an awesome way to find new bands in any genre, so I don't get what your saying... I found a ton of new bands just searching through myspace in every genre. o_O (Pandora doesn't have most of the bands I listen to -.- and Last.fm is shitty because they just list what is similiar and most have no tracks, thats why you use myspace to listen to the bands -.-)

then tell me some good grindcore without those horrid burping vocals (bands like cock and ball torture, devourment, etc...)

I want the growls to be more like harsh screams I Guess

Vesania-God The Lux.

I was looking for some good Black Metal, and it was a blind pick. I was astonished. It was SO good. It is by no means traditional black metal, but it wowed me regardless. The vocals are pretty great, and would work even without the different sound of the band. This album just absolutely floored me. The newest addition to my Top Ten of Black Metal, I think.

Listen to it, I especially reccomend it to Zeph, if he hasn't heard it. Not quite sure why, though; just comes to mind.

Primordial - Spirit The Earth Aflame is kickin' my ass for probably the third time today. Absolutely love them, especially that album.

Vesania-God The Lux.

I was looking for some good Black Metal, and it was a blind pick. I was astonished. It was SO good. It is by no means traditional black metal, but it wowed me regardless. The vocals are pretty great, and would work even without the different sound of the band. This album just absolutely floored me. The newest addition to my Top Ten of Black Metal, I think.

Listen to it, I especially reccomend it to Zeph, if he hasn't heard it. Not quite sure why, though; just comes to mind.

Just making sure everyone reads this.

Nattefrost is the most brutal Black Metal I have ever heard. Obscene, loud and fast. You might confuse the samples for something out of a goregrind album, and most of the lyrical contents of the band has to do with sex, rape, sluts, gore, vomit, and satan (duh).

Their album Blood and Vomit is average. Not bad, nothing amazing, though.

heres a lyrical preview:
"Whore, bitch, swallow my cum, slut, suck me dry, cunt, open wide"