The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

jennylewis.jpg

What do you think jenny lewis is thinking ?

(can you upload the best jenny lewis song). never heard her

Is that the one W&W is obsessed with? I find it rather amusing that he accuses classical as irrelevant to today, yet all this girl does is photoshoots draped in 50s retro decor

Retro decor = relevent in the indie scene ... ?

they seem to have a knack for the ironic, too. god I hate that....can't anyone take music seriously nowadays? like the band All Night for instance, a pisstake on 70s cock rock. wtf? either play music because you love it or don't play music at all!!

No, I was saying that I generally don't like / get the appeal of growls. Hardly "preaching", especially since I acknowledge that I don't really know much about extreme metal. I also said that I would delve into it eventually.

edit: I still don't really like the vocals, though. However in this instance (and a few others) I can look past them.

If you can stand Angela you should be able to stand any form of harsh vocals. I can't even stand Angela, but I don't mind Demilich styled vocals.

The Force is exponentially better than anything else they've done. Better vocalist, complete with awesome shrieks, and one of the most insane, all-out riffiest slabs of Thrash this side of fucking Beneath The Remains. Not to compare the sound, but rather the approach. Riff after fucking riff of DEATH. I think I'll listen to it at school now actually. See what you made me do? You better listen to it now.

Haha I know, I remember getting some bonus DVD with Alaska and watching that video on it and just plain laughing at how bad the video was despite the music kicking ass.