The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

anybody else think that terrance hobbs (suffocation's guitarist) does phenomenal solos that are somewhat similar to slayer's solos?? (except they are a 10000000000000000000000x better)

what are some good thrash bands similar to slayer but with far better solos?

I think Suffocation wipes the floor with Slayer, though I'm sure Suffocation owe their sound to Slayer because they were likely a large influence on their sound. Objectively, however, Suffocation is MUCH easier and more fulfilling to listen to.

Kreator and Sodom fit that bill, I think.

Infernal Revulsion are great. I'm planning on getting their CD very soon. They are one of the better new Japanese bands, especially after Infected Malignity turned gay.

Yea man infernal revulsion are pretty damn good. Hey what do you think of the band gutteral engorgement?

around the 1:40 mark, terrance hobbs does an unreal solo

goddamn it why can't kerry king play solos like this?

I have said it 50 times, this solo sounds like Andy LaRocque, i don't think suffos solos sound like slayer at all.:zombie:

Edit: Thanks for the vid link. When they played here Frank said something like "this song is about living in my parents basement for 10 years" and the clip shows something like this...
And Frank does all that hand gesture, knifing the air and angry smiles live too haha it's awesome, got every1 going.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm right back into lovin' Rilo Kiley, as well as Jenny Lewis's album with The Watson Twins.

<3
jenny_lewis3.jpg

jennylewis.jpg

What do you think jenny lewis is thinking ?

(can you upload the best jenny lewis song). never heard her

I think Suffocation wipes the floor with Slayer, though I'm sure Suffocation owe their sound to Slayer because they were likely a large influence on their sound. Objectively, however, Suffocation is MUCH easier and more fulfilling to listen to.
I prefer to listen to Suffocation, but I don't think they are easier to listen to. I am a big fan of both. As for the solos, I wouldn't change either. Slayer solos are good for Slayer and Suffocation solos are good for Suffocation.

Yea man infernal revulsion are pretty damn good. Hey what do you think of the band gutteral engorgement?
From what I've heard Guttural Engorgement, they were pretty good, but they seem pretentious. I believe they were calling themselves "prgressive slam" which is pretty stupid, especially if you have the word "guttural" in your name.

:OMG: weren't you preaching to all of us a few weeks ago the horrors of death metal growling?

No, I was saying that I generally don't like / get the appeal of growls. Hardly "preaching", especially since I acknowledge that I don't really know much about extreme metal. I also said that I would delve into it eventually.

edit: I still don't really like the vocals, though. However in this instance (and a few others) I can look past them.

No, I was saying that I generally don't like / get the appeal of growls. Hardly "preaching", especially since I acknowledge that I don't really know much about extreme metal. I also said that I would delve into it eventually.

edit: I still don't really like the vocals, though. However in this instance (and a few others) I can look past them.

get behemoth "zos kia cultus" and suffocation's Self titled

both have very brutal but still coherent/audible vocals/lyrics