The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

V.V.V.V.V. said:
sikth, listen to Saprogenic and Guttural Secrete for some brutal death with kickass riffs and headbanging sections without focusing too much on the slams and jumpdafukup things like a lot do.

Well the guy who asked for instrumentals asked for instrumental bands to get his friend into metal. GYBE and EitS, while both fucking excellent, are not metal in the slightest. I'd go with Pelican, as Roses said. Gordian Knot is mostly prog. rock, though.

I really want to hear Sleep Terror.

True true, neither GYSBE or ETIS are metal, but they are both worthy of menton whenever possible. I'll go with the Pelican recommendation as well, Australasia is an amazing album.

I'll check out those bands you mentioned, thanks for the recommendation.

sikth said:
True true, neither GYSBE or ETIS are metal, but they are both worthy of menton whenever possible. I'll go with the Pelican recommendation as well, Australasia is an amazing album.

I'll check out those bands you mentioned, thanks for the recommendation.

Indeed they are both worthy of mention. Both awesome bands. :)

No problem on the recs.

My recent hauls:
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
Aeternus - Beyond the Wandering Moon

There are a bunch of bands that I want some recommendations. I'm aware that most of the bands are probably pretty common, but I just never got around to checking them out...so while I'm here in Singapore and they're easily more available then they are in Perth I might as well use some money up. :D I just need a basic rundown of styles and what album recommendations...

Negura Bunget
The CD I saw was 'n Crudu Bradalui...I know they're pretty good black metal. But would this album be essential?

Annihilator
I saw alot of Annihilator CDs, even a Roadrunner double CD set. Any recommendations for albums?

Death Angel
Also lots of Death Angel, same as above.

Nocturnus
Oddly enough, there was the compilation of their demos. Is it worth it? I've got The Key and I think it's fucking great.

Obituary
Quite a few CDs by Obituary, I was thinking of getting Cause of Death, but I decided I should buy Aeternus first. Recommendations?

Sodom
One of the few bands that are praised on this board. It would be cool if I had everyone's opinion on the best to the least best album.

SOD
Another thrash band praised on this board. Recommendations please!

Archeron
Apparently one of those "other" death metal bands, but a few of their albums are praised. Which ones exactly?

Thanks alot. I'm enjoying Amorphis and Aeternus alot right now.

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
Sodom
One of the few bands that are praised on this board. It would be cool if I had everyone's opinion on the best to the least best album.

Get Persecution Mania and Agent Orange for quality thrash metal.

Archeron
Apparently one of those "other" death metal bands, but a few of their albums are praised. Which ones exactly?

I'm also curious about the opinions on this band's material. From what I gathered, their EP Satanic Victory and album Anti-God, Anti-Christ are essential.

Decadent said:
Most certainly they are. Horizons... is fuckin great.

wow, this forum never stops wondering me! One guy from Japan says he likes our band Epidemia, another one from the Philippines tells me he's heard Temnozor. In fact, I didn't, but I know such a band exists here. Wow, I'm really amazed!
But the bands you named are not the best really. Let me introduce some famous Russian metal bands to you:

1. BLACK OBELISK
It's a mix of hard rock and heavy. Exists 18 years already. You can download their music at www.blackobelisk.ru
Soon this site will be available in English. The music itself: in the menu it is the 7th line, then the 2nd line, and you'll see all the albums with an MP3 sign. =)

2. ARIA
Pure heavy metal, exists since 1985
www.aria.ru
Available in English, if my memory doesn't fail me.

3. MASTER
One of the best and oldest thrash metal bands
www.master-rockgroup.com

3. ALISA
One of the most famous Russian rock bands
www.alisa.ru

4. MORAY EEL
One of the youngest monsters of death/grindcore metal in Russia, they will blow your head off
http://morayeel.nm.ru/
Woman behind the microphone =)

5. CATHARSIS
Power metal
www.catharsis.com / www.catharsis.ru

6. KOROL I SHUT (KING & JOKER)
The best punk band
www.korol-i-shut.ru

They are really the best!
Check this out, colleagues! =) I'll be waiting for your opinion (by e-mail). ! Have a nice time listening to Russian monsters of metal!

Obituary
Quite a few CDs by Obituary, I was thinking of getting Cause of Death, but I decided I should buy Aeternus first. Recommendations?
Get "Slowly We Rot". I cannot stress this enough.

Negura Bunget
The CD I saw was 'n Crudu Bradalui...I know they're pretty good black metal. But would this album be essential?

Really epic songs, all four are over the 10 minute mark by a bit. Get it if you want something weird and experimental yet not straying from TR00 KVLT BM.

Negura Bunget
Great release, check this review out if you haven't already:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83509

Lately i've been enjoying:

Windham Hell - Reflective Depths Imbibe
Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice
Gontyna Kry - Welowie
Intestine Baalism - Banquet In The Darkness

Ultimate_Symphony said:
Lately i've been enjoying:

Windham Hell - Reflective Depths Imbibe
Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice
Gontyna Kry - Welowie
Intestine Baalism - Banquet In The Darkness

:worship:

Just checked out Merzbow's Merzbird last night. It's a nice groovy continuation of Merzbeat, where he took repetitive loops/samples with some sort of musicality and stuck some noise on them, some distortion, some other stuff. Very interesting stuff, especially the titanic 18 minute 'Emu.'

Also, Navicon Torture Technologies - I Hate You All And I Hope You All Fucking Die is awesome.

^Noise weirds me out.

Currently spasming to Armagedda - Ond Spiritism, Angantyr - Sejr and Sunn O))) (whom I'll be seeing live in March) - White1.