The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Yes, it took something like 100 listens for that one to become my favourite on the album. My top 3 are now:
1. A Portal To Nowhere
2. Possessed by Past Tragedies
3. In Superior Torment...

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Antti would suck balls in any other band besides Demilich.
I can agree with that, although I've already said that I don't think he helps the music much. Most probably like him because he adds to Demilich's distinctiveness. I value listenability over originality, though, so no go for me.

A parallel would be James LaBrie of Dream Theater, except I like him for some reason.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I can agree with that, although I've already said that I don't think he helps the music much. Most probably like him because he adds to Demilich's distinctiveness. I value listenability over originality, though, so no go for me.

Fair enough :p

Hate to be a bother but I was wondering about purely or at least mostly instrumental bands, are there any really awesome instrumental bands out there? I have an...aquaintance(not sure how to spell that) who is getting into metal but, like most people, doesn't like the vocals.He can take the vocals just fine, but he prefers just the music and he was asking me about instrumental bands, I was stumped so I wondered if you guys had any favorite instrumental bands.

Garloc said:
Hate to be a bother but I was wondering about purely or at least mostly instrumental bands, are there any really awesome instrumental bands out there? I have an...aquaintance(not sure how to spell that) who is getting into metal but, like most people, doesn't like the vocals.He can take the vocals just fine, but he prefers just the music and he was asking me about instrumental bands, I was stumped so I wondered if you guys had any favorite instrumental bands.

Check out Gordian Knot and Pelican

Garloc said:
check out Sleep Terror they are a technical/wacky/instrumental/death metal band

Know what band owns? Carnivore.

Pete Steele's extreme vox are so ridiculously over-the-top that I burst out in smiles every time I hear them. And the riffs aren't bad, either.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I'm not too familar, but someone's going to recommend Godspeed You Black Emperor!

And Explosions in the sky, can't forget them.

Been checking out Red harvest recently, Sick Transit Gloria Mundi is a fawking great album. Also Metzgore by Jack slater has been getting alot of playtime, I like how there technical and brutal, but avoid being boring (unlike several other br00tal bands).

sikth, listen to Saprogenic and Guttural Secrete for some brutal death with kickass riffs and headbanging sections without focusing too much on the slams and jumpdafukup things like a lot do.

Well the guy who asked for instrumentals asked for instrumental bands to get his friend into metal. GYBE and EitS, while both fucking excellent, are not metal in the slightest. I'd go with Pelican, as Roses said. Gordian Knot is mostly prog. rock, though.

I really want to hear Sleep Terror.