The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

OK so I gave At the Gates another try last night by playing the Suicidal Final Art compilation that I've had for quite a while. It was better than the last time I heard it, but there's still something, kind of empty about the listening experience. Maybe its the production, but something seems lacking to grab my attention and keep me engaged.

Listen to The Red in the Sky is Ours. Within, Through Gardens of Grief and Neverwhere are such great songs. Of course, it took me eons to realize what's so good about it. The production of the album definitely requires some getting used to.

OK so I gave At the Gates another try last night by playing the Suicidal Final Art compilation that I've had for quite a while. It was better than the last time I heard it, but there's still something, kind of empty about the listening experience. Maybe its the production, but something seems lacking to grab my attention and keep me engaged.

Maybe it's too subtle for some teenager who's used to listening to "symphonic" black metal to comprehend in a couple of listens? Maybe it's the kind of music that shouldn't be heard through compilations, but rather as full albums that truly shows the songs as pieces of the great artistic puzzles that they are? maybe you should try and stop waiting for that melodic hook to make the songs for you, and try and digest the songs as wholes instead? Maybe you should try and get over the production, which, albeit completely fine and fitting for the album, rich even, is not really important, much less significant?

Just a few thoughts...

I could never get into this band, apart from Slaughter of the Soul.

Maybe it's too subtle for some teenager who's used to listening to "symphonic" black metal to comprehend in a couple of listens? Maybe it's the kind of music that shouldn't be heard through compilations, but rather as full albums that truly shows the songs as pieces of the great artistic puzzles that they are? maybe you should try and stop waiting for that melodic hook to make the songs for you, and try and digest the songs as wholes instead? Maybe you should try and get over the production, which, albeit completely fine and fitting for the album, rich even, is not really important, much less significant?

Just a few thoughts...

I like when you say things that I like.

Just a few thoughts...

Excellent post! :headbang:

i've only listened to it once and it sounds exactly like the last albums before it, you'd almost think they write 100 songs and then just release them slowly on albums over time. still a badass album.

Just a few thoughts...

That's exactly what I do when I listen to black metal.