The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I just got Croatoan by Starkweather and it's pretty amazing. One of the most interesting metalcore bands I've ever heard. I think I'm the only one on this board besides V5 that listens to them, though. :erk:

It's because no one will give them a chance because "everything core is automatically evil." I do not at all believe this is the case; in fact, GOOD metalcore (NOT As I Lay Crying, L.O.G., Goodswitch Disengage, etc.) is one of my favorite genres of music.

I highly recommend you check out Maroon's new album, and maybe even their last one. Both awesome.

Yeah, Maroon kicks ass. I need to buy some of their shit. Metalcore is not a bad genre by any means. It's another case of "mainstream bands making the genre as a whole look bad". The same thing happened to emo.

Metalcore I like:

Heaven Shall Burn
The Red Chord
Unearth (some)
Overcast
Deadguy

Heaven Shall Burn, definitely...absolutely. I only have Deaf To Our Prayers (EVERY song is fucking kickass) and Antigone (a few songs are absolutely impossibly great, such as "The Weapon They Fear" and the rest are good/great). I actually like some Unearth also, but for some reason I REALLY LIKE The Oncoming Storm...it's just a great riffing melo-deathcore album. I don't usually fuck with that kind of music; if it's catchy I almost instantly like it, big weakness for me...

The new Maroon is more metal than they have ever been...it's even a step up from the hugely METALcore When Worlds Collide.

I have III: In the Eyes of Fire. It's not something I listen to that often but I really have no problem with it. It's just catchy melodeath inspired metalcore.

I am into Finnish Black metal.. so like Norther, Moonsorrow,Ensiferum(kinda), Children of Bodom.. Obviously. I also like Cannibal corpse, Fairytale Abuse, Dimmu Borgir, Lamb of God, Amon Amarth.. pretty much everything EXCEPT SLIPKNOT.. or most other nu metal.. i can stand system of a down though.. theyre not terrible. Anyone want a taste of Black Metal, try the Victorious One - Norther.. Masterpiece imo.

Masterpiece? How can you say that about a band that sounds like a carbon-copy of another band? A masterpiece should sound serious. Lyrics like "They are the devils on earth/high heels and little black skirt" are just stupid and dont even inspire a inch of humor from me.

"Like blood soaked entrails ripped from the disemboweled body of christ, NunSlaughter rape the heavens with their much awaited third studio album! "Hex" is a pyre of 80's Devil Metal Death featuring ten new satanic commandments plus the devil's seven classic cuts on the "Face of Evil" demo fiinally re-recorded in a proper studio! There is no sign of "progression," "maturing" or other form of weakness; "Hex" is a continuation of NunSlaughter's last album or last 7" EP and soon to become a fan favorite... This is the same music you've enjoyed for the last two fucking decades!!"

"Like blood soaked entrails ripped from the disemboweled body of christ, NunSlaughter rape the heavens with their much awaited third studio album! "Hex" is a pyre of 80's Devil Metal Death featuring ten new satanic commandments plus the devil's seven classic cuts on the "Face of Evil" demo fiinally re-recorded in a proper studio! There is no sign of "progression," "maturing" or other form of weakness; "Hex" is a continuation of NunSlaughter's last album or last 7" EP and soon to become a fan favorite... This is the same music you've enjoyed for the last two fucking decades!!"

Thats a great album.

I'm gonna listen to it right now.

Maroon's new track on their myspace is amazing! Even the solo kicks ass!

Maroon 5, their singer is hawt, omg. Just kidding. I haven't taken Behemoths new one out of my CD player since I bought it a week or so ago. I just saw em live too. Nile Ityphallic is fucking tight also. I just saw Obituary Monday night and their new disc is suprisingly awesome, Ralph Santolla is the fucking man, he was wasted and still didn't miss anything. We was so drunk when he finished playing someone had to practically carry him out because he kept running into walls and couldn't find the door.