The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Instinct: Decay

The psychedelic influence is mainly through the wahhed-out guitar solos.
Im always looking for different variations of BM and this sparked some interest. Samples sound good on my space. I'll have to download it because it's not an easy album to find.
Damn it, there are a lot of people from Chicago here. I am to.
Cool. Too bad just about the only good band to come out of here is Novembers Doom.

Death Strike, Master, Abomination, Funeral Bitch, Devastator, Sindrome, Znowhite, Zoetrope, Cianide, Cult Of Daath, Alioth, Damien Thorne, Hellrealm, Usurper, Scepter, Lair Of The Minotaur, Malas, Oppressor, Ravage, Sarcophagus, Slauter Xstroyes, Thrust, Tyrant's Reign, War Cry, OH AND TROUBLE strongly fucking disagree with you, Belligerent. Chicago has had one of the largest Metal scenes in the country for years, and it still prospers, especially in comparison to the rest of the country. And of course The Chasm is based out of Chicago now as well.

Im always looking for different variations of BM and this sparked some interest. Samples sound good on my space. I'll have to download it because it's not an easy album to find.
Cool. Too bad just about the only good band to come out of here is Novembers Doom.

Chicago is great for metal. Have you ever gone to Metal Haven. Check out my links in my sig.

Death Strike, Master, Abomination, Funeral Bitch, Devastator, Sindrome, Znowhite, Zoetrope, Cianide, Cult Of Daath, Alioth, Damien Thorne, Hellrealm, Usurper, Scepter, Lair Of The Minotaur, Malas, Oppressor, Ravage, Sarcophagus, Slauter Xstroyes, Thrust, Tyrant's Reign, War Cry, OH AND TROUBLE strongly fucking disagree with you, Belligerent. Chicago has had one of the largest Metal scenes in the country for years, and it still prospers, especially in comparison to the rest of the country. And of course The Chasm is based out of Chicago now as well.

Cult of Daath is good. So is Lair Of The Minotaur.

I'm spinning Bolt Thrower for pretty much my first time. Only other time was when I was just getting into metal. Anyways, I just finished the first song off of The IVth Crusade, and it was pretty sweet.

If you're looking for NWOBHM bands to listen to, here's what I like:

Iron Maiden (obviously)
Angel Witch (self titled and the Sinister History demo compilation)
Legend (get the Anthology)
Jaguar (get the Power Games Anthology)
Blitzkrieg (get the A Time Of Changes - Phase 1 Anthology)
Satan
Desolation Angels
Hell
Hellanbach
Witchfinder General
Witchfynde
Pagan Altar
Holocaust (first album)
Chateaux (better than Grim Reaper)
Trespass (One Of These Days anthology)
Bitches Sin
Persian Risk
Tokyo Blade (first album)
Deep Switch
etc

Looks great. I'll have to get a taste of these bands. Angel Witch are really good.
Also I'm probably one of the last people on this forum to discover Candlemass so late, but they are godly:kickass:

I've heard of Trouble and the Chasm. Thats it. Out of that whole list which ones are actually good?