The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Whoever it is writing on my board, we agreed to a silent truce. He/she erased everything and wrote "Nations will fall, but Metal will stand tall (all kinds of metal)".

I added "except metalcore" to the parenthetical statement, and he/she replied "Agreed. Truce?" so I wrote "Yes".

I'm still curious as to who this person is...

Anybody here ever have that worrying feeling of getting bored of metal? ever?

Like next week, or next month or maybe 4 years from now? is metal just a passing thing?

Anybody here ever have that worrying feeling of getting bored of metal? ever?

Like next week, or next month or maybe 4 years from now? is metal just a passing thing?

I got bored of black metal a few months ago, so I binged on doom metal for a while and now I have a nice equilibrium that constitutes my daily listening.

There are other forms of music out there. Hard Rock, Prog Rock, Classical, Punk, Ambient, early Industrial, etc.

Meh, usually I'll have a bit of a dip on what to listen to, as I can't decide on what I want, just because of lack of interest at the moment. Thankfully those stages don't last long.

Seeing as people were discussing NWOBHM earlier, what does anyone think of Tytan's Rough Justice? I find it hard to believe that a band with ex-members of Angel Witch and Judas Priest could put out such a weak sounding album. Honestly, this is barely even heavy metal.

Also, I just realised that I have five different versions of "When The Screams Come" by Pentagram.

I'd read good reviews and had heard it was an NWOBHM classic, so I bought it in Tokyo without having listened to any of it, but was really, really dissappointed.

I was just listening to it a little bit then, and maybe I was a bit harsh, but my expectations were high because of the Angel Witch connection. There are some good parts, but some absolute 'wtf' moments as well. Really lacks balls at times. I tried to upload a track, but it didn't work, I'll try again tomorrow.

edit - Tytan - Money For Love