The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Pretentious art-fag black metal of doom!

Besides, they never really innovated anything or contributed anything to the grand scheme of black metal, yet still fans hail them as though they did. They're basically the Opeths of black metal. The first album is still okay, though.

Pretentious art-fag black metal of doom!

Besides, they never really innovated anything or contributed anything to the grand scheme of black metal, yet still fans hail them as though they did. They're basically the Opeths of black metal. The first album is still okay, though.

Ok I can accept the art-fag criticism for all the stuff after Vintersorg joined, but I still think that a lot of you don't appreciate the emotive power of the songs that Brun constructs, combined with the dual-natured vocals of Garm and Vortex. Some of his riffs just put me in an enlightened trance.

Mütiilation - Black Millenium (Grimly Reborn)
The ultimate post-2000 Black Metal album.

:erk:

I reckon that's the worst Mutiilation album, and it doesn't even come close to being lumped in with the best post-2000 Black Metal albums.

I'd say these are candidates:

Dark Tribe - In Jeraspunta...
Nav' - Halls of Death
Darkspace - Dark Space I
Epheles - L'ombre de la Croix
Averse Sefira - Tetragrammatical Astygmata
Deathspell Omega - Si Monvmentvm...

Obviously I prefer Hail's Inheritance of Evilness to all of the above, but it's more Black/Death and certainly won't appeal to all fans of Black Metal, whereas those listed are much more likely to do so...