The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

You're still a leech

I'm pretty sure if you managed your money better and gave up some shit you really don't need, you wouldn't be in a pinch in terms of finances. Either that, or you have a really shitty job and need a new one

Anyone who gives everyone the excuse of 'I can barely get by with the bills I'm paying now' is full of complete shit.

you have a really shitty job and need a new one

Yeah, +1

I still buy albums a bit though, but I'm definitely not spending $75 a week on albums. It's really a dumb ass argument though guys. Tons of people around here download music like I do, even the MODs, so it's not like you can change anyone's mind about it.

My friend claims to be very against downloading, yet he does it quite a bit. I even gave him 15 of my CDs to rip the other day :lol: I will say that he does buy much more music than he downloads though, I'm just saying downloading is far from being tabu like some of you are making it out to be.

When you buy a CD, you're buying the right to listen to it. You have no right to be hearing shit over and over again that you have no intention of ever paying for. You're a fucking worthless leech and should fuck off.

When you buy a CD, you're buying the right to listen to it. You have no right to be hearing shit over and over again that you have no intention of ever paying for. You're a fucking worthless leech and should fuck off.

I take it that you do not download. That's great that you buy all the music you listen to, but not everyone is going to do it. You should also work on being less negative. I never said anything "assholish" to you yet you attack me every chance you get.

Downloading with no intention to buy hundreds of albums gives me all the justification I need to call you a piece of crap. "Not everyone is going to do it" is no fucking justification at all. Stop trying to vindicate yourself for being a leech. What you do is shit and you should be looked down upon.

Necuratul, do you really not download music at all?? Of all people here you probably drop more obscure bands than almost anyone & you're trying to tell me that you BUY all those albums??

If you truly do then more power to you. That's good that you support underground bands like you do. I highly doubt that you do not download though. Does that make you a piece of crap too if you download??

Is it so bad to not know hundreds of bands? I have probably heard fewer bands than most of the noobs on this forum, because I only buy stuff, excepting OOPs (in which case 2nd hand purchases do not help the band anyway). It's not that bad to only have a few dozen bands, if you like them all. I swear, the drive to become an expert overnight has everything to do with looking good on forums, because there's no way anyone can comprehend hundreds of bands within a few months. It should take a few years to really get into what a genre has to offer, and this is enough time for people with limited budgets to get most of the genre staples.

I listen to black metal mostly, and I probably don't even know 50 bands after having focused on the genre for three or so years.

Necuratul, do you really not download music at all?? Of all people here you probably drop more obscure bands than almost anyone & you're trying to tell me that you BUY all those albums??

If you truly do then more power to you. That's good that you support underground bands like you do. I highly doubt that you do not download though. Does that make you a piece of crap too if you download??

Have you seen his collection.

there is no way nec doesn't download / listen to some form of pirated music. that being said, there is a difference between downloading music to build a collection and downloading music to hear what bands have to offer and then buying merch / music etc. everyone should support the bands they listen to. i do as much as is possible, but im not going to say that i own every album i enjoy .... the intention is to get there one day, and that shouldnt be unachievable given the very small amount of new music i listen to.

which brings me to masterolightnings point, which i totally agree with. everyone seems to be hell bent on listening to everything they can possibly get their hands on, rather than appreciating what they really enjoy. imo, if you have listened to more than 20 or 30 new albums this year, you have either a very short attention span, have little else to do, other than listen to metal or you fall into the "listen to as many albums as possible" that mOl described.

You're right, in that listening to as much music as humanly possible is pretty silly. What are we, in a race or a contest>? There are some albums I can listen to for weeks at a time and not get tired of them.
I stopped downloading a while ago and just go by the recommendations of certain users on this forum, and in the meantime buying off all my favorite classic records, that have been reissued or are still in print, that is.

Godfuckingdammit.

I do agree with the last two replies, but I never said I was cashed up.

You're a lying piece of shit as well as a leech. And you're obviously also really stupid. It took me 20 seconds to find what you actually said:

Funny, I have a KE-2 also. It's transparent blue & it has Steve Vai Evolutions on it. I love those damn pick ups. I'm thinking of buying a John Petrucci Music Man in the next few months. I have the cash, I just have to talk myself into buying it more.

Also, I think I overheard someone say they were out of money & had trouble affording CD's & cable or something so I just said I download music. I don't think I really said he should do it but I might have.

And again:

Oh yeah Bro, if you downloaded more music you could save even more money.

Bottom line is though that I would never never never buy probably 90% of the music I DL though for 2 reasons...

1) I just can't afford to & even if I could it's not practical to spend that much money on music.

2) I would never take that many chances on bands I've never heard of. Like everyone here I'm sure we all have been recommended a lot of stuff that turned out to be total crap.

There was like 3 years when I could hardly afford to buy CDs so I'm making up for some lost time, unless of course you guys want me to do nothing but talk about Yngwie & Megadeth (that's a joke, relax).

Your 'reasons' are the usual bullshit nonsensical justifications that all download junkies make for stealing music. And your "other people do it so why shouldn't I" argument is the catch cry of the morally bankrupt.

Basically, you're a worthless lying leeching cunt and you don't deserve to listen to music. I hope you die screaming with sharp things in your head asap.

100_1095.jpg

100_1093.jpg

100_1092.jpg

100_1096.jpg

100_1090-1.jpg

100_1078.jpg

100_1077.jpg

100_1076.jpg

100_1075.jpg

100_0526.jpg

100_0529.jpg

100_0517.jpg

100_0520.jpg

ETC.

I don't even have a filesharing program on my computer. 95% of everything that I buy I've never heard before in my life before I have it in my hands. Most of the rest is from sampling on myspace. The rest is courtesy uploads from trusted friends, after which are immediately deleted.

You download with no intention to buy. I listen to samples online with the express intention of buying.