The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I'm sure the band are eternally grateful.

You just gotta do what you gotta do. The album is not that bad, I'm surprised with this one. This is my surprise album of the year, along with Amon Amarth probably. I can only do so much Amon Amarth though. This BtBaM album might grow on me.

BTW, Steeley Dan is the shiz.

0000361351.jpg

You just gotta do what you gotta do. The album is not that bad, I'm surprised with this one. This is my surprise album of the year, along with Amon Amarth probably. I can only do so much Amon Amarth though. This BtBaM album might grow on me.

So go and buy it then.

Uh oh, not this aged old internet debate on downloading... :loco: :puke:

I haven't seen one valid argument made by download junkies on downloading EVER. Their justifications for ripping off the artists that make the music they love are always extremely shallow. If you download with the intention of purchasing the music you like, I don't have a problem with you. But so far, I've seen you openly brag about the huge amount of albums you've downloaded, I've seen you recommend downloading to other people as a way of saving cash, and I've seen you brag about how you're all cashed up at the moment. If that's the case, go and buy some fucking music and support the scene you supposedly love then.

I haven't seen one valid argument made by download junkies on downloading EVER. Their justifications for ripping off the artists that make the music they love are always extremely shallow. If you download with the intention of purchasing the music you like, I don't have a problem with you. But so far, I've seen you openly brag about the huge amount of albums you've downloaded, I've seen you recommend downloading to other people as a way of saving cash, and I've seen you brag about how you're all cashed up at the moment. If that's the case, go and buy some fucking music and support the scene you supposedly love then.

Yea that is pretty much the way I work also. Downloading is good to find albums that you cant find. I ont rest till I find Folkfuck Folie on cd.I have it on CD-R:ill:.

There's really no excuse for downloading music without the intention to buy it.

'Temporary' downloading is kind of a gray area I guess. On one hand, people are only going to spend so much on music, and couldn't necessarily afford to buy everything they like. On the other hand, anyone who's really into music is almost certainly going to buy more if they don't do any downloading.

I've said this before, but I lack the integrity to download music with full intention to purchase it. Once I own the music and have listened to it, I feel I have much less incentive to own the physical album. Therefore I depend on myspace sample tracks and recommendations from this forum when looking for albums to check out.

'Temporary' downloading is kind of a gray area I guess. On one hand, people are only going to spend so much on music, and couldn't necessarily afford to buy everything they like. On the other hand, anyone who's really into music is almost certainly going to buy more if they don't do any downloading.

See this is where every starts to become gray.

I dont have the funds to pay for all the music I want, which is a lot, and I buy a ton of records. I have a life to live beyond buying music which includes buying stuff to make music. I must say that I need to set aside a strong flowing fund of money for buying music other than the money from my wallet.

I've said this before, but I lack the integrity to download music with full intention to purchase it. Once I own the music and have listened to it, I feel I have much less incentive to own the physical album. Therefore I depend on myspace sample tracks and recommendations from this forum when looking for albums to check out.

Maybe I should reword what I said. I meant "keep music on one's computer without the intention to purchase it". Obviously the point of downloading is to find out whether you actually like the music or not.

@ Alter: Agreed. One day I'll probably decide on a per-year or per-month budget to determine how much music I buy.

It is a bit of a grey area, but I think as long as you're regularly buying music then at least you're injecting some money into the scene and sustaining it in some way. And downloading can be a good way of discovering and ultimately buying music that you wouldn't necessarily have been exposed to before, so it can balance out a bit.

It is a bit of a grey area, but I think as long as you're regularly buying music then at least you're injecting some money into the scene and sustaining it in some way. And downloading can be a good way of discovering and ultimately buying music that you wouldn't necessarily have been exposed to before, so it can balance out a bit.

Downloading is what will bring down the scene if it keeps growning though. Metal needs more shops that cater to metal fans a-la Metal Haven.

I do agree with the last two replies, but I never said I was cashed up. I did inherit some money (I never mentioned that here...) & with it I got my TV /5.1 but at my job I'm pay check to pay check strictly. I barely make enough money to pay my bills & I can't save shit. I do still manage to buy CDs once in awhile though & I just bought 5 concert DVDs a few weeks ago. In hindsight that was really $85 that I shouldn't have spent there though TBH. I have only watched a little bit of those DVDs so far.

Also, I think I overheard someone say they were out of money & had trouble affording CD's & cable or something so I just said I download music. I don't think I really said he should do it but I might have.

Bottom line is though that I would never never never buy probably 90% of the music I DL though for 2 reasons...

1) I just can't afford to & even if I could it's not practical to spend that much money on music.

2) I would never take that many chances on bands I've never heard of. Like everyone here I'm sure we all have been recommended a lot of stuff that turned out to be total crap.

There was like 3 years when I could hardly afford to buy CDs so I'm making up for some lost time, unless of course you guys want me to do nothing but talk about Yngwie & Megadeth (that's a joke, relax).