The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Ok guys rate this show:
treblinka.jpg

Well, looking back at my review I feel like I've effectively communicated that message. I guess Nick's criticisms made me look for excuses for false shortcomings. The message I want to present is something that intrigues the reader and let's him/her imagine the reviewer's experience.
My criticism was just that I find metaphors are meaningless when a reviewer describes a band. That may have been what you imagined, but it might not be what I imagine. I'd rather hear the music described with adjectives that are applicable to music ("the kick drums are loud and thudding"... "the guitars sound powerful with some nice high leads to add variety"...). It wasn't that I thought reviews are not needed due to subjectivity, I just thought it was hard to understand what that band sounded like through your description. I enjoy reviews a lot, especially when I think the reviewer has good taste, which I think you usually do.

Sorry if this sounded harsh but that's the reaction I was left with.

I really do not subscribe to the notion that a review necessarily has to describe the music. I know that that sounds counterintuitive in some ways, but there are ways to convey one's feelings about music other than obvious depictions of the music itself. Of course, it all depends on your audience and whether or not you really give a crap what your audience thinks. I personally wouldn't really give a crap what my audience thinks.

May I please recommend to you fine people Wall of Sleep (Hungary) and their latest opus "...and Hell Followed with Him" (available on IHate Records).

Rather excellent, catchy doom in the blue collar vein of The Obsessed and Vitus but with a muscular, modern production and very chunky riffage.

ceen it

I haven't had the opportunity to pick it up yet, though. Hopefully early next year. I'm well behind on I Hate's catalogue. I still haven't even gotten the new Centurions Ghost yet.

I really do not subscribe to the notion that a review necessarily has to describe the music. I know that that sounds counterintuitive in some ways, but there are ways to convey one's feelings about music other than obvious depictions of the music itself. Of course, it all depends on your audience and whether or not you really give a crap what your audience thinks. I personally wouldn't really give a crap what my audience thinks.

Indeed. Too bad not everyone who reads reviews are English majors. I mean no sarcasm by that statement.

lately its been

Pestilence - Testimony Of The Ancients
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Gorguts - Considered Dead
Gorguts - Erosion Of Sanity
Sarcofago - INRI
Atheist - Piece Of Time

Today I´ve been enjoying some awesome tracks from The Forsaken, man those know how to do solos!

I've been enjoying Cathedral's debut lately. Pretty great doom actually that hits the spot nicely.kickass:
Most of my premature evaluations suck, it seems.:p

are you people spying on me?

I've been listening to that first album a lot lately.