The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I like Accept , ACDC , Anathema , Amorphis , Angel Dust , Axel Rudi Pell, Blind Guardian , Bonfire, Cinderella, Children of Bodom , Dark Tranquility , Darxon, Dream Theater , Exodus, Haggard, Hammerfall, Helloween , Helstar , Hypocrisy , Iron Maiden , Iced Earth , In Flames, King Diamond , Katatonia, Kiss , Kix, Lacuna Coil, Lake Of Tears , Manowar , McAuley Schenker Group (MSG), Megadeth, Mercyful Fate , Meshuggah, Morbid Angel, Moonspell , Motorhead, Mötley Crüe, Nevermore , Nightwish, Opeth, Orphaned Land , Pain of Salvation , Pantera, Poison, Porcupine Tree, Queensyrche, Rhapsody , Savatage, Sentenced , Stratovarius , Sodom , Sonata Arctica, Tankard , Testament, Theater of Tragedy, Therion, Within Temptation, White Lion, White Snake, Vanden Plas, Vixen.....

Not when it's sad and depressing. Wedard makes me want to sit and pay attention to the music. To write a paper I need something that drives me.

Repetitive Black Metal is great for reading, when you have to do less thinking for yourself. But I find writing to be more productive with more aggressive, grandiose music like symphonic BM.

I'm listening to Effigy of the Forgotten right now and I'm about to resume work on my paper. My only distraction has been the discussion on this forum.

Any band whose vocals aren't clear enough to distract you lyrically is great for me. Unless the music is really depressing, as I said before.

Jesus, I really don't get the rampant Summoning fellation that takes place round these here parts.

I'm really, really on a huge revisit of some stuff I haven't listened to in an age at the minute, like Death Angel - The Ultraviolence and FLotsam and Jestom - Doomsday for the Deceiver. Glad, for once, that it isn't just nostalgia making me think these were great albums.

They're earlier works, amd much rawer than AFJA, as well as being significantly less baroque in terms of the arrangements - but when you finally tire of the baggage that AJFA carries (it's my favourite Metallica album, but by fuck they could have trimmed the songs down by a chorus or two in most cases), then these two are pretty essential thrash cuts, imo.

That completely and utterly depends on what you're looking for in Thrash Metal, so for an answer tailored to your tastes as I see them, I would say absolutely not.

To most thrash fans, I would say that either of these two albums is a damned fine addition. Is there something I don't know about Darkbliss ?